Amazon Flex is a driving job, but like all driving jobs, the risk of injuries is high. Not only do you have to compete with individuals on the road, but you also have to worry about getting hurt from the packages you pick up. If you were hurt in such an accident, you may be able to take legal action. Contact the Downtown LA Law Group for more help with an Amazon Flex package delivery accident.
What is Amazon Flex?
Amazon Flex is a service provided by Amazon that allows individuals to deliver packages from Amazon facilities and warehouses to customers. These drivers work in blocks and can schedule their own availability, and then take whatever blocks are offered to them within their time frames. It is another form of working in the gig economy, as many companies have embraced having individuals do their driving for them as opposed to hiring full-time workers.
Amazon Flex drivers often need to carry packages, meals, boxes, and more in their vehicles. Some drivers do not have large enough cars that can accommodate all of these packages at once.
Those who drive must carry their own personal auto insurance, but Amazon does provide coverage. This coverage includes:
- Liability for up to $1 million per accident, which is activated when you were at fault and you caused damage or injuries to another entity
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, which provides up to $1 million per accident; it involves scenarios in which the other driver is not sufficiently insured or lacks any insurance at all, and covers vehicle damage bodily injuries
- Contingent comprehensive and collision coverage, which provides up to $50,000 per accident and only involves property damage to your car; this is only possible if you have your own comprehensive or collision coverage on your auto insurance policy, and you have met the $1,000 deductible
You should be aware of the insurance coverage you’re given. You are only covered when you have the app on or you’re making a delivery. If not, your personal policy is in effect.
Injuries from Amazon Flex Accidents
You can suffer a fair amount of injuries if you were involved in an accident while driving for Amazon Flex. The fact that there are so many packages in the vehicles means that your vision may be obscured and lead to accidents. Similarly, the packages could hit you while you are driving. Some of the injuries may linger for months after the crash, especially if you did not get medical assistance immediately after. The adrenaline and shock that comes from accidents can often mask the true extent of injuries, which is why many individuals do not notice the damages until days afterward. Injuries that you can sustain in these incidents include the following:
- Hip and knee injuries
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Ruptured, herniated, or slipped discs
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Internal organ damages
- Internal bleeding
- Sprained joints
- Muscle strains
- Dislocations and separations
- Muscle damage and torn ligaments
- Nerve damage
- Severed limbs and digits
Of course, the most severe injuries are likely only in serious car accidents. If you are merely struck by packages in your car, your damages may be much less affecting. It is crucial that you still have a safe environment within your car and that you abide by all traffic laws while driving. Defensive driving will also help keep you out of accidents.
How to Sue Amazon Flex for Damages
Amazon Flex drivers generally work according to specific blocks and schedules. Therefore, it is likely that you can get hurt while following Amazon’s orders; if they are short staffed, you may be requested to bring additional packages. These dangers can contribute to accidents. If you wish to file a lawsuit against Amazon Flex for injuries from an accident, you should follow these steps:
- Go to the doctor for medical attention if you suffered any kind of damages
- Do not hesitate to get medical treatment, as a delay can sufficiently worsen your injuries and cause long lasting damages; it can also be a detriment to your claim, as the insurance agent will doubt that you were seriously hurt at all, or he will claim that you were injured in another accident and you were merely trying to blame Amazon Flex
- Make copies of all medical records, insurance billing statements, nurse and doctor statements, medication and prescriptions that were written for you, MRI and X-ray results, and more
- Take numerous photos of your injuries to show how severe they were, as you may heal quickly and not be able to adequately illustrate the extent of the damages
- Take pictures of any damage done to the interior and exterior of your vehicle, as well as photos of the scene of the crash
- If there were security cameras somewhere at the scene of the accident, as in cases where you crashed in a parking lot or complex, you should ask for the video footage
- Interview any nearby eyewitnesses for their statements and testimonies to add to your evidence
- Write down necessary contact information and insurance details from any other party that was involved in the incident, which may include the driver’s license number of the other driver, his license plate number, his phone number, and more
- The police may have gone to the scene of the accident if there were injuries, and they would have filed a report; you can add this police report to your case after it has been filed at the station
- File an accident report with Amazon Flex to alert them to the occurrence
It is in your best interest if you reach out to a skilled attorney with experience in Amazon Flex accidents and awareness of worker’s rights. We will be able to answer all your inquiries, help you gather necessary proof, write your demand letter for compensation, and negotiate a fair deal with the insurance agent. We will file your claim for you so that you do not have to do anything in the lawsuit. Your only goal should be on recovering from your injuries. It can be very difficult to take legal action against Amazon Flex due to their size, so we recommend letting us take on the claim.
Statute of Limitations on Amazon Flex Lawsuits
In California, personal injury claims have a statute of limitations of two years from the date of the injury. If you fail to file a claim within that time frame, you will not be able to collect any compensation at all. Our attorneys can inform you about specific rights you have as a driver and a victim. Many victims do not know the proper statute of limitations for their cases or they fail to file on time. We will guarantee that all your necessary documents are submitted on time and that you do not miss any important or crucial deadlines.
There are some exceptions to the statute of limitations, though. You may be able to qualify, depending on the circumstances of your case. Some examples include:
- Minors involved in accidents can wait until they turn 18 years old to sue
- Incapacitated victims can wait until they return to health to take legal action
- Cases with absent defendants can wait until they return to California before filing a lawsuit
Speak with our lawyers today and we’ll tell you how much time remains on your case. We will ensure your evidence is all together so nothing is lost or corrupted over time.
Compensation from an Amazon Flex Accident
An Amazon Flex accident can be quite serious for drivers. If you were injured because of the negligent action of another entity, or if you were simply hurt while making a delivery for the company, you can pursue legal action. Our attorneys will see to it that you earn the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future for surgery costs, hospital stay, ambulatory transportation, medication, physical therapy, and more
- Property damage for lost items or vehicular damage
- Lost income for time you could not work, as well as future missed income for days you won’t work due to treatment or recovery time
- Pain and suffering damages for mental stress, anxiety, fear, PTSD, and more
You shouldn’t be expected to cover these expenses if you were not at fault for the incident. Let our firm help you sue Amazon Flex for injuries.
Our Firm’s Promise to You
The Downtown LA Law Group will do everything possible to secure you the compensation you deserve, even if it means going to trial and fighting for your rights. Our aggressive attorneys are there for you every step of the way, and we will negotiate a worthwhile deal from Amazon. Call us today if you want to discuss your case in a free legal consultation. All details are private and you can ask us any questions you wish.
If you hire us to handle your claim, you’ll get our zero fee guarantee. This states that you pay us no fees, win or lose. If we win, our firm is paid from the settlement we secure you. If we lose, we eat the costs we accrued.
To sue Amazon Flex for injuries from delivering a package, contact the Downtown LA Law Group at once.