The rideshare and gig economy world has attracted many prospective workers who want to earn extra money on the side in addition to their fulltime jobs, but it has also called to people who want to use the services as their main jobs. Regardless of the intention, drivers should be properly protected by the companies, even if they are categorized as freelancers or independent contractors, simply because of the dangers and liabilities of driving jobs. Amazon Flex is one such service that allows drivers to use their own cars to make deliveries. The company provides auto insurance to the drivers to ensure their safety. There are some major points to cover in the insurance policies, though, and if you are in an accident, you may be confused by the language included within then. It is important that you reach out to a skilled attorney at the Downtown LA Law Group if you wish to learn more about Amazon Flex Driver Commercial Insurance Coverage.
Information about Amazon Flex
Amazon Flex is a service that lets drivers pick up packages from warehouses and deliver them to customers. They may also be able to pick up groceries and meals to deliver to individuals as well. The app allows drivers to accept blocks of driving that are 2 hours in length, and if the deliveries are completed before the block is up, the driver still gets paid for the entire block. This leads to a lot of reckless driving and speeding, as many people want to be finished as quickly as possible with their routes and still earn cash for doing so. In order to become an Amazon Flex driver, you must 21 years of age or older, have a clean driving record, have no felonies, have your own valid driver’s license, have your own valid auto insurance, and pass a background check. Amazon’s process is completely digital; all drivers can sign up, get hired, book blocks, and follow directions on their apps, with the only in-person meetings occurring at the warehouses.
Why Amazon Delivery Accidents Happen
There are many reasons that accidents happen on the road each day, most of which are easily attributed to human errors and recklessness. However, with the rise of the gig economy, there are more people on the road each day after their normal jobs have ended. These drivers may be involved in accidents for the following reasons:
- Changing lanes without signaling
- Changing lanes without looking to cover blind spots
- Improperly merging onto the freeway
- Careless driving
- Driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired or exhausted
- Vehicle defects, like broken lights and brakes
- Road defects, like potholes, sudden curves, sharp turns, hills, and more
- Poor weather, like rain, snow, and fog
- Running stop signs
- Running red lights
- Failing to adhere to the right of way
- Using a phone while driving
These issues can cause Amazon Flex drivers to get into rear end accidents, broadside collisions, head-on crashes, and much more. The negligent behavior displayed by these individuals can contribute to numerous types of injuries, including: – Amazon Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers: Amazon Flex Insurance – How Do I File an Accident Claim after an Amazon Flex Accident in San Diego? – How to File a Claim after an Amazon Flex Accident in Sacramento, CA – How to file an accident claim after an Amazon Flex accident in San Francisco – How Do I File a Claim after an Amazon Accident with a Delivery Vehicle?
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Facial damages
- Shoulder injuries
- Head injuries
- Brain damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Knee injuries to the ACL, LCL, and MCL
- Hip damage
- Severed limbs and digits
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
If you have been injured in an accident with an Amazon Flex driver, or while you were making deliveries for the company, you should read more concerning the Amazon Flex commercial insurance coverage and see what actions you can take to file a claim for compensation. We will be more than happy to help you understand the nuances of the insurance policy and will answer all legal questions for you.
Amazon Flex Insurance Details
Amazon Flex allows drivers to operate their own vehicles during deliveries. These drivers are required to possess and maintain their own auto insurance policies as per Amazon’s terms and conditions. The reason this is important is because of Amazon’s insurance, which can affect the drivers’ coverage. Your own auto insurance will not provide coverage, as commercial driving is not included in normal policies and packages. Amazon Flex insurance is in effect when you have the app on and you’re making deliveries. When you are not using the app, your own personal auto insurance is in effect. The insurance coverage for Amazon Flex drivers is as follows:
- Contingent Comprehensive and Collision: This is insurance coverage that protects your vehicle and allows you bring the car in for repairs. Each incident is protected for up to $50,000, but only after meeting the $1,000 deductible. Contingent insurance is insurance that only kicks in if you possess the counterpart; therefore, you must have comprehensive or collision insurance on your personal auto insurance policy in order to receive this coverage.
- Liability: Liability coverage provides $1,000,000 per incident, which protects individuals who were injured in accidents that were your fault or happened due to your own actions. It also provides coverage for the damage done to other vehicles or property.
- Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Underinsured motorist coverage is provided to those individuals who are involved in accidents with drivers whose insurance policies will not cover the full extent of the damages. Uninsured motorist coverage is granted if the other driver at fault does not possess any insurance at all. In both cases, the insurance coverage will protect damages done to your vehicle and bodily damages to your person.
Bear in mind that Amazon Flex does not pay for medical bills and it does not cover mechanical failure of your car that is not attributed to any specific cause. If your car broke down as a result of an accident, though, Amazon Flex’s insurance policy will cover towing. Your car, therefore, should be in pristine condition to ensure that it does not have any random breakdowns.
Statute of Limitations for an Amazon Flex Accident
The statute of limitations is the time during which you can file a lawsuit to collect compensation for your damages. If you do not file a lawsuit within that period of time, you will not be able to pursue restitution in the future. The statute in California is 2 years from the date of the injury. To ensure that you are within the proper timeframe, you can call our offices for verification. There are few ways in which the statute of limitations can be circumvented or extended. These situations often involve minors, the extremely wounded, and absent defendants.
- Minors cannot sue by themselves, so they must wait until they are 18 years old to do so. This means that the statute of limitations will not stat counting down until the individual turns legal age.
- Those who were left physically or mentally incapacitated or compromised only have to adhere to the statue when they return to functioning health and awareness.
- Defendants who left the state or vacated the country cannot be sued, so the statute of limitations will not begin to count down until they return.
If you are unsure of when your statute of limitations will end, you can reach out to our offices. We can help you with your case and make sure that none of your documents are filed past the deadline. We are punctual and always on time.
Amazon Flex Accident Compensation
If you were hurt in an Amazon delivery accident, you could receive ample compensation for your damages. We will strive to win you every penny you deserve, as you should not have to pay for any of your own expenses if you were not at fault. We can seek to bring you the following:
- Medical expenses from the past and future for any surgery, hospitalization, medication costs, and physical therapy
- Lost income from the past and the future if you could not go to work because of your injuries or because of a lack of transportation
- Property damage to your vehicle and lost items or broken belongings
- Pain and suffering damages for emotional anguish, PTSD, anxiety, fear, and more
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one died in the accident
You are within your rights to be compensated in the event of an accident, and we promise to do all we can to secure you the restitution you need.
DTLA Law Group and You
The Downtown LA Law Group is one of the premier law firms in the state. Our highly rated attorneys have decades of combined experience and we know the best tactics to secure you a victory for your lawsuit. We are known for being aggressive and for consistently pursuing the best settlement for you. If we need to, we are willing to take your case to court to fight for your rights in front of a judge and jury. To us, you are family, and we will do everything we can for our family. Call our offices today at (888) 649-7166 for a free legal consultation with an expert attorney. You will be able to ask any questions you wish about the case and the legal process, and we will give you the appropriate answers. We believe that all of our clients should be properly knowledgeable about their cases and always given updates on the progress. All of our consultations are also completely confidential and private; none of your details will be shared elsewhere. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you hire us for your case, we will give you our zero fee guarantee, which states that you won’t pay us any money at all from start to finish during your claim. We will only get paid if we win, and the money will be taken from the insurance settlement won from Amazon Flex or another driver. If we lose, we don’t get paid anything at all. For the best available help for your Amazon Flex accident claim, or to learn more about Amazon Flex driver commercial insurance coverage, get in touch with the Downtown LA Law Group today.