Collecting Evidence after an Amazon AccidentAfter being involved in an Amazon delivery accident in San Diego, California, it is important that you take the appropriate action to gather evidence for your claim. Without a doubt, filing a claim and starting a legal battle might not be the first thing on your mind after your accident. However, it is important that you take action to ensure that you could pursue an insurance claim for the damages you suffered. If you were involved in a San Diego Amazon delivery accident, consider the following recommendations:
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident, including all the damages sustained by the vehicles involved.
- Take photographs of the visible physical injuries that you suffered due to the accident.
- Collect all insurance information of all the drivers that were involved in the accident.
- Collect all witness information, including names and contact numbers.
- File an accident report with the police.
- Report the accident to Amazon
- Seek medical attention, ensuring that you keep all records associated with the care received for your injuries.
How to File a Claim after an Amazon Flex AccidentIf you are interested in filing an accident claim after being involved in an Amazon delivery accident, it is essential that you are familiar with how you should approach the situation. Consider the following points:
- Always provide the authorities with the insurance information that they need to file an accident report. You will need to provide them with the insurance information that Amazon provided you with in the case of an accident.
- Evaluate the damage done by your delivery vehicle. If you damaged a customer’s private property, you should provide them with Amazon’s insurance information to ensure that they could pursue their own claims.
- Contact Amazon Flex and inform them about the accident. You should provide them with enough information for them to have a thorough understanding of the accident without ever admitting fault. You should provide them with information on the time of the accident, location of the accident, and damage caused by the accident. You also provide them with information regarding any other parties involved in the accident.
- Provide Amazon Flex with any visual evidence that you have pertaining for your accident, including photos of the scene of the accident and dash-cam footage, for example.
- Hire an attorney to handle your claim with Amazon Flex insurance company.
Amazon’s Insurance CoverageHow much do you know about Amazon’s insurance policy? Without a doubt, you might have heard about Amazon Flex’s million dollar policy, but is it true? Does Amazon really have up to $1,000,000 in coverage? Amazon’s insurance provides the following:
- Up to $1,000,000 in liability insurance
- Up to $50,000 in comprehensive and collision coverage (with a $1,000 deductable)
- Up to $1,000,000 in uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
Could You Recover Compensation?If you are interested in pursuing an Amazon truck accident claim, you might also be interested in learning more about the compensation that you might be eligible to receive. In general, victims could recover compensation for some of the following: medical expenses, lost wages, pain/suffering, property damage, loss of consortium, and punitive damages, for example. Will you recover compensation after filing an Amazon Prime delivery accident lawsuit? If you would like to learn more about the type and amount of compensation that you might be eligible to receive, do not hesitate to contact our firm at your earliest convenience. Our experts are dedicated to fighting for your right to recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
Statute of Limitations to Pursue a Claim after an Amazon Flex AccidentWithout a doubt, you could have grounds to pursue a claim after being involved in an Amazon Flex accident. Unfortunately, many people lose their right to take action against a liable party or entity because they fail to pursue their claims within the appropriate length of time. Although you have the right to pursue a claim, you must pursue your claim within the time allowed by the applicable statute of limitations. Victims of car accidents in the San Diego area are subject to California’s statute of limitations. California’s personal injury claims – which include claims arising from accidents with Amazon Flex delivery vehicles – are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. What does this mean? Victims will have only two years to pursue their claims. If the two-year statute of limitations expires and a claim is not filed, the claimant will lose their right to sue – and the right to receive compensation. If you would like to learn more about the specific length of time that you have to pursue your Amazon delivery accident claim, do not hesitate to contact the experts at our law firm as soon as possible.
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.