Does Amazon Flex have Insurance Coverage?If you are a delivery driver with Amazon Flex, you might have many questions about any insurance coverage provided by the company. Does Amazon Flex provide insurance? Does Amazon’s insurance apply when delivery truck accidents occur? Because Amazon Flex drivers are independent contractors, anything surrounding insurance coverage in the case of accidents is generally confusing. However, Amazon Flex does provide insurance coverage in the case of delivery vehicle accidents. In fact, Amazon provides Flex drivers with up to $1,000,000 in coverage. Consider the following breakdown of Amazon’s insurance coverage:
- Up to $1,000,000 in liability coverage
- Up to $1,000,000 in uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Up to $50,000 in comprehensive and collision coverage
Preparing to File a Claim – Collecting EvidenceAre you willing to risk the possibility of an unsuccessful claim simply because you didn’t take the necessary steps immediately after your accident? Before even considering the possibility of pursuing a claim, you have to ensure that you have collected enough evidence to support your claim. Without a doubt, pursuing a claim might not be the first thing on your mind; therefore, the need for evidence might be overlooked. However, all of the recommended steps above which are beneficial in collecting evidence should be completed by default by all victims of personal injury accidents – regardless of whether they are already thinking of pursuing a claim.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.Some of the recommended steps include the following:
- Take photos of all damage caused by the accident (including photos of the entire scene of the accident)
- Take photos of all the injuries caused by the accident (before and after treatment)
- Take note of any surveillance cameras that might have captured your accident
- Collect insurance information from all parties involved in the accident
- Provide Amazon insurance information to all other parties involved in the accident
- Gather witness information (if applicable)
- File an accident report with the police
- Report the incident to Amazon Flex
- Seek medical attention
- Collect all relevant records surrounding the accident
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.
How to File a Claim after an Amazon Flex Delivery Truck AccidentThere are many steps to filing a claim after being involved in an Amazon delivery truck accident. In general, the steps could be simplified to three of the most important steps:
- Report the accident to the local authorities. When the police arrive at the scene of the accident, you must ensure that they file an accident report. You must cooperate with their investigation and provide them with the insurance information that they request. However, you should be cautious with what you share that could be interpreted as you admitting liability.
- Contact Amazon Flex to inform them about the accident. You will need to provide them with a general description of the accident, including the time, date, and place associated with the accident. You will need to provide them with as much details as possible, without ever admitting liability for the accident. You should also provide the insurance company with any photos and videos related to the accident.
- Seek legal assistance and let an attorney handle your claim. You will need to provide your lawyer with all the information that you have surrounding your accident. You must ensure that your attorney has the experience necessary to successfully handle your claim. By hiring an attorney, you are ensuring that your claim is taken seriously by insurance companies that are looking for reasons to deny or delay your claim.