7-Eleven is a chain of convenience stores; it is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and has locations internationally. As of July 2020, the chain operates, franchises, and licenses 71,000 stores in over 17 countries. In the U.S., some places are characterized by an abundance of these convenience stores. The country has a total of 7,854 7-Eleven stores (as of 2018).
A significant percentage of these stores can be found in California – which has 1,783 stores (according to information provided by 7-11). There are a number of Californian cities which have very high number of locations; this includes Los Angeles with 122 stores, San Diego with 91 stores, and San Jose with 58 stores. Bakersfield, Costa Mesa, Escondido, El Cajon, Fresno, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Hayward, Inglewood, Long Beach, North Hollywood, Orange, Ontario, Pomona, San Bernardino, San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Clarita, Santa Ana, Santa Rosa, Torrance, Van Nuys, and Westminster have multiple 7-Eleven locations.
Without a doubt, consumers enjoy having easy access to these stores – they can access countless products without having to travel too far. However, 7-11 stores represent more than just a quick stop for shopping needs; these stores can represent a significant danger for consumers. More specifically, many hazards present within the store premises could put unsuspecting shoppers at risk of suffering incidents that could lead to harm.
Did you suffer an incident at a 7-Eleven location? If so, you might have also suffered injuries. It is also possible that a member of your family suffered fatal injuries. Regardless of the details surrounding the incident, you might have grounds to pursue a claim. More specifically, you might have grounds to pursue a premise liability claim.
Are you interested in learning more about your right to file a premise liability claim for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered? If so, contact the premise liability experts at our firm as soon as possible. You can trust our premise liability lawyers to provide you with the guidance that you need to pursue a claim against the store owners.
Are you in need of legal assistance? If so, you should contact the premise liability lawyers at Downtown L.A. Law Group as soon as possible. Downtown L.A. Law Group is a personal injury law firm with many years of experience handling all sorts of claims – including premise liability claims. Our lawyers are ready to evaluate your claim and guide you towards a successful claim outcome. Contact the experts at our firm today to learn more about your right to sue.
What Types of Incidents are Possible on 7-Eleven Premises?
What types of incidents could unsuspecting parties suffer on the premises of 7-11 stores? There are many incidents that shoppers could experience, including but not limited to slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents, falling object incidents, sexual assault incidents, and assault and battery incidents. Each incident mentioned could be prevented by addressing the hazards present within a premise.
Consider some of the details pertaining to each type of incident, as described below:
- Slip and fall incidents: slip and fall accidents, the most common type of premise liability incident, can occur at any time that a hazard is present on the floor. Some of the hazards that could directly cause slip and fall accidents include leaks, wet floors, slippery floors, freshly mopped/waxed floors, spilled products, and trashed floors, for instance. When a shopper steps on any of these hazards, he or she could slip, fall, and suffer significant injuries.
- Trip and fall incidents: trip and fall accidents can also occur at any time that there are hazards on the floor throughout premises. The hazards that are often associated with trip and fall accidents include torn carpeting, misplaced floor mats, exposed wires, boxes/products on the floor (blocking aisles or walkways), uneven sidewalks/concreate, broken concrete, and potholes, for instance. Walking near any of these hazards could cause unsuspecting shoppers to trip, fall, and suffer significant injuries.
- Assault and battery incidents: assault and battery incidents are typically associated only with the maliciousness of the attacker(s); however, these attacks could also occur do to hazards present on store premises. A number of hazards, including poorly lit premises, blocked pathways, a lack of surveillance cameras, and a lack of on-site security, for instance, could all increase the risk of assault and battery incidents, which could result in significant injuries.
- Sexual assault incidents: sexual assault incidents are another type of incident that is typically associated only with the malicious intents of the attacker; however sexual assault incidents can also occur due to the hazardous conditions present at a store premise. The hazards that could contribute to sexual assault incidents include lack of supervision on-site, lack of security on-site, lack of surveillance cameras, poorly lit areas, dark areas, and blocked pathways, for instance. These hazards could contribute to sexual assault incidents, which could result in significant harm to victims.
- Falling object incidents: falling object incidents can occur any time that objects are either incorrectly stored or installed in elevated areas. Shelving units storing products, hanging displays, and signs can all suddenly fall and strike shoppers. Falling signs along with other products could lead to severe injuries.
Did you or a member of your family suffer any of the incidents mentioned above? If so, the incident might have been directly associated with a hazard present on the premises. Regardless of the type of incident suffered at the 7-11 store location, many injuries are likely.
Possible Injuries that Victims Could Suffer
If you suffered an incident at a 7-11 location, you might have suffered a number of injuries. Some of the store injuries that affected parties could experience as a result of a premise liability accident at a 7-Eleven location include the following: head injuries; brain injuries; neck injuries; back injuries; spinal cord injuries; fractures; shoulder injuries; knee injuries; hip injuries; crushing injuries; sprains and strains; lacerations; nerve damage; muscle damage; ligament damage; mental and emotional harm. Regardless of the harm that you or a member of your family suffered as a direct result of a premise liability incident at a 7-Eleven store, it is important to remain aware of the right to pursue a lawsuit for the harm suffered. If you would like to learn more about your right to sue, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with a lawyer as soon as possible.
Premise Liability and Your Right to Sue
Do you have the right to pursue a claim for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered in a 7-11 premise liability incident? Based on the details surrounding the accident, you might have grounds to pursue a claim with the assistance of a premise liability attorney. To ensure that you understand your right to sue, you must thoroughly understand the concept of premise liability.
Based on the concept of premise liability, all property owners owe their guests a duty of care. More specifically, property owners (as well as property managers) have the duty to ensure that their property is free of dangers that could contribute to incidents and harm consumers. Because of the duty of care owed to guests, property owners must thoroughly inspect their premises to ensure it is free of potential risks. If risks are identified, they must be quickly addressed to ensure that they do not contribute to incidents.
When property owners and property managers fail to identify and address the hazards present within their premises, they are putting their guests at risks; they are also breaching their duty of care towards guests. The breach of duty could contribute to an incident that could cause injuries. Based on the concept of premise liability, the property owners/managers that fail to ensure that their premises are completely free of risks could be liable for all of the harm that arises due to incidents on the property.
In other words, the guests that experience accidents and suffer harm could pursue premise liability claims. If you would like to learn more about your right to file a premise liability claim and fight for your right to be compensated for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered, do not hesitate to contact the experts at Downtown L.A. Law Group today.
Recovering the Compensation that You are Owed
If you suffered a premise liability incident, whether it is a slip and fall incident, a trip and fall incident, a falling object incident, a sexual assault incident, or an assault and battery incident, you could be eligible to sue and recover compensation for the harm suffered. How much compensation could you be eligible to receive if your claim is successful?
The type and amount of compensation that you could be eligible to receive if your 7-11 premise liability claim is successful will always be strictly based on the details surrounding your claim. Some of the categories of compensation that might be available for recovery could include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
Would you like to learn more about the type and amount of compensation that you could be eligible to receive if your claim is successful? If so, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our firm as soon as possible. Our lawyers are ready to aggressively fight for your right to recover the highest amount of compensation available for your claim. If you are ready to learn more about the compensation that you could be eligible to receive if your claim reaches a successful claim outcome, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our firm at your earliest convenience.
What Should Affected Parties Do?
Unfortunately, many people lose their right to pursue claims after their accidents because they fail to act accordingly. There are a number of steps that affected parties should follow to ensure that they can preserve their right to sue. What should you do? Consider some of the recommendations listed below:
- Take photos of any physical injuries resulting from the incident
- Take photos of the entire scene of the incident (including the hazard that contributed to the incident)
- Seek medical care immediately
- Report the incident to the 7-11 store owner (before reaching the owner, you might have to file reports with employees and managers)
- Keep records of all the parties that you talk to regarding your incident
- Report the incident to the authorities (in cases of assault and battery or sexual assault)
- Gather video footage that captured the incident
- Speak to witnesses and collect their contact information (ask them if they would be willing to testify in your favor)
- Gather all medical records relevant to your accident
- Gather all records relevant to your lost wages (lost wages must be a direct result of the incident)
- Gather records of property damage (if the incident resulted in damage to your personal property)
- Seek the legal expertise of a premise liability lawyer as soon as possible
If you would like to learn more about the importance of following the steps listed above, do not hesitate to contact our experts as soon as possible. The premise liability lawyers at our firm are ready to guide you every step of the way.
Filing Within the Statute of Limitations
Your premise liability claim is subject to a deadline, established by a statute of limitations. A statute of limitations determines the specific length of time that claimants have to pursue their claims; if claimants fail to file their claims on time, they could lose their right to sue. How long do you have to pursue your claim? In California, premise liability claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations; therefore, claimants only have two years to pursue their claims. Although this strict deadline applies, it is possible for exceptions to apply; this means that the statute of limitations could be tolled. To ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the statute of limitations that applies to your premise liability claim against 7-Eleven, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our firm immediately.
Contact Downtown L.A. Law Group Today
Would you like to explore your right to pursue a premise liability claim against 7-11? If so, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the premise liability lawyers at Downtown L.A. Law Group as soon as possible. At our firm, our lawyers have many years of experience handling all sorts of claims – including premise liability claims. Our premise liability lawyers are ready to evaluate your claim and provide you with the guidance that you need to hold the store owner accountable for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered. If you would like to discuss your current situation with the experts at our firm and learn more about your right to file a premise liability claim, contact our experts today.
At Downtown L.A. Law Group, we offer free legal services, which ensure that affected parties have access to the legal services that they need to pursue their claims. Our free legal services include free consultations and free second opinions, during which our premise liability lawyers will be available to provide you with all the information necessary to pursue your claim. Our lawyers will answer all your questions and address all your concerns. Would you like to benefit from our free legal services? If so, contact our firm today.
Our firm offers a Zero-Fee guarantee, which ensures that our clients will not have to pay upfront costs for our legal services. In addition, our firm offers a strict contingency structure, which ensures that our clients will not have to pay anything until after reaching a successful claim outcome. If you do not win, you will not be responsible to pay any legal expenses.
To learn more about your right to pursue a 7-11 premise liability claim, contact our firm today.