If you have ever been involved in a car accident, you know how confusing or frustrating it is in the aftermath. There are many witnesses and discussions, and if you want to take legal action, you could be greatly overwhelmed. You should not have to face such stresses after a crash; pursuing your compensation and moving on with your life should be simple and efficient, not draining and difficult. With the assistance of our Yorba Linda car accident attorneys at the Downtown LA Law Group, you will be able to have your claim litigated from start to finish without having to exert excessive effort. We have all the tools and experience needed to win your claim for you.
Common Causes of Car Crashes
Car crashes often happen because of driver negligence or because laws are being broken. It is not uncommon for drivers to be aloof while on the road, which can cause many dangerous situations. You should be a defensive driver at all times and always be aware of your surroundings, but there are times when accidents happen that are completely out of your control. You may simply be stopped at a red light when someone does not stop while approaching you from behind, or someone may blow through a light at an intersection while you are passing through. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
In addition to these driver errors, accidents can happen partially due to other circumstances. For example, a driver may not be aware that he has a defect on his vehicle caused by the manufacturer or by a negligent mechanic, which could cause a tire to dislodge, brakes to fai, lights to go out, and more. Further, the road could have defects on it, like potholes, or there could be inadequate street lights and too many sharp turns or steep hills. There may also be stormy, foggy, rainy, or snowy weather that could make visibility low and make it hard to control the vehicle.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
No matter what the reason for the car accident, you should hold the responsible party accountable for the ensuing damages. Our team of Yorba Linda car accident lawyers can secure you every penny you deserve if you were injured.
Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can lead to various types of injuries. Head-on collisions are among the most fatal, while the most common crashes, rear-end collisions, often lead to whiplash and sprains. It is must preferred to suffer these types of injuries and crashes at low speeds than other kinds; T-bone accidents can cause crushing injuries and brain damage from the sudden impact. Seat belts prevent you from being ejected, but they also keep you in place to be pinned by parts of the car – which can be deadly in some cases. Other injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Neck damage
- Internal organ damage
- Puncture wounds and lacerations
- Nerve damage
- Torn muscles
- ACL, LCL, MCL damage in the knees
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Severed limbs and digits
Don’t let your life come to a screeching halt because of injuries you suffered in a car accident. Move forward with a legal claim with the help of our car accident lawyers in Yorba Linda. We promise to do all we can to get your expenses covered.
Get started today by calling (855) 339-8879.
How To File A Lawsuit
To file a car accident lawsuit, you must prove that you were a victim of negligent action. There are four points of negligence that must be established. They are as follows:
- You were owed a duty of care by the responsible driver (all drivers must take care not to harm anyone else on the road or place them in dangerous situations)
- The duty of care was breached (the driver must have broken the law or acted recklessly)
- The breach of duty led to an accident (a collision, rear-end crash, sideswipe, or other kind of incident)
- The accident resulted in physical injuries
If you were not physically harmed, you will be unable to pursue a personal injury claim and must instead seek damages for car repairs and lost wages. You could proceed without legal assistance, since these damages are much lower and not as hard t argue for. However, if you were injured, you will need a car accident lawyer in Yorba Linda to represent you.
What To Do After A Car Accident
For many people, a car accident is jarring. You may not know what to do afterward, and you might be too injured to think straight. It is important that you follow these steps to ensure that you have the best possible outcome for your case:
- Get medical attention immediately so that any additional injuries are detected and so that there is no gap between the incident and the treatment
- Request copies of the medical notes and keep the receipt from your payment to the hospital
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the damage to your vehicle and other cars
- Interview eyewitnesses and bystanders to get their statements and testimonies as to what happened
- If the accident occurred at a place of business or in a parking structure, you can request a copy of the surveillance or security footage to add to your evidence
- If the police conducted an investigation, you can request a copy of the police report once it has been finalized
- Write down the contact information, license plate number, and insurance details of the individual who hit you
- If the driver who hit you was working, you can file an incident report with his company
We recommend hiring one of our car accident attorneys in Yorba Linda to handle your claim for you. We will be able to gather your evidence and submit it to the insurance agency. It may take a few weeks for the agent to respond, but in most cases, he will try to throw your claim away or offer you a small amount of money to settle. We will do all we can to negotiate a fair deal from the agent while you focus on healing. The stress of a claim can worsen your condition, and we will strive to win you the settlement you deserve.
Statute Of Limitations For Your Lawsuit
In California, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit for compensation against the responsible party. If you do not take action within this time, your claim will be rendered invalid and you will not have the ability to receive any restitution whatsoever. You should be efficient with your claim as a result – the sooner you file, the fresher memories will be and the better preserved your evidence will be, as a whole. In some circumstances, though, you may be eligible for an extension to the statute of limitations. Our lawyers can help you identify if you are able to have the time limit extended. Some examples include:
- Age (minors cannot sue and must wait until they are 18 years old)
- Mental and physical states (individuals in comas or who are mentally compromised cannot sue, and can wait until they are functional before they take action)
- Defendant’s location (defendant must be located in the state, and if he vacates or leaves for a period of time, the statute will not count down throughout and will be paused until he returns)
You should not run the risk of missing the deadline for your lawsuit. Our car accident lawyers in Yorba Linda can file your claim for you.
Call (855) 339-8879 to schedule a free legal consultation.
Car Accident Lawsuit Restitution
The insurance agent responsible for handling your case will look at the circumstances and facts, as well as the evidence that was submitted, and determine the value. He will consider your injuries and how severe and extensive they were, how much of an impact they ha n your life and job, and how responsible you were for the crash. He will likely try to undervalue your lawsuit, but we will work win you a fair settlement. You could receive the following forms of compensation:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death expenses
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our firm for help winning your lawsuit. We have proven experience with satisfied clients and we know the best methods to negotiating a large settlement from the insurance agency.
How We Help
The Downtown LA Law Group is one of the most successful law firms around and our reviews and victories speak for themselves. We will do everything in our power to win your case – you will not be a part of a better firm than when you come to DTLA Law Group. Our lawyers are aggressive and relentless when it comes to your case and we will negotiate a deal that you will be satisfied with. If we can’t, we will take your case to court. If you need a free legal consultation, contact our lawyers. We are available around the clock and all of your case details and private information will be kept totally confidential. You can inquire about anything you wish – we encourage you to ask questions if you have any. By hiring us to represent you, you will not have to pay a single out of pocket expenses thanks to our zero fee guarantee. This means that we cover all the costs of the case and we only get paid if we win – and the insurance agency will cover the fees as a portion of the settlement we win for you. If we do not succeed, we eat the losses ourselves, and you will not owe us anything at all. Our Yorba Linda car accident attorneys are waiting to take your call. Get in touch with the Downtown LA Law Group today.