Bus accident injury claims entails differing rules and regulations than accidents involving other types of motor vehicles. Below is helpful information for individuals which have suffered injuries resulting from bus accidents and seek recovery for damages incurred.
1. Seek Medical Attention and Collect All Your Medical Bills – Your health and safety are of utmost importance. If injured seek medical attention. Unfortunately, many of us do not have the right medical insurance and are not able to seek the medical attention necessary to fully heal. In those circumstances injured victims should seek an attorney consultation. Attorneys have relationships with medical doctors including specialists in the field trauma that provide medical assistance on a lien basis. Under a medical lien patients pay no upfront medical costs; payment for medical expenses will only be paid if and when there is a settlement of your case.
2. Gather Evidence Regarding the Accident – Evidence showing the bus driver or any other at fault parties can often prove to be a substantial factor in winning your case. If possible, gather as much evidence of the accident as possible including pictures of the damage sustained, the conditions of the roadway at the time of the accident and retrieve the police report if one was filed.
3. Pay Close Attention to Deadlines for Filing Your Claim – Lawsuits Must be Filed Within the Time Limit: Under Common law individuals seeking recovery for damages must file a lawsuit within the statutorily allotted time period. Failure to do so will eliminate their right to recovery under the law.
4. Consult with An Attorney Before You Accept A Claim: Most bus accident claims filed by a victim who are not represented by an attorney will be either rejected or low-balled. This is because bus operators know that you have no bargaining power against them. They believe that since you have not hired an attorney you will not file a lawsuit against them. In the vast majority of cases legal representation will greatly increases the settlement of verdict amount of a case.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
– Bus Accident
– Common Causes of a Bus Accident
– Bus Accident FAQ
– Value of a Bus Accident Lawsuit
– How to File a Bus Accident Claim
– Who can I sue?
– Statute of Limitations
– Statute of Limitations – School Injury
– School Bus Accident
– Bus Tow Truck Accident
– Prison Bus Accident
– Hit and Run Bus Accident
– Charter Bus Accident
– Airport Shuttle Bus Accident
– Tour Bus Accident Attorney
– Greyhound Bus Accident
– Bus Passenger Injury Attorney
– Bus Stop Accident Attorney
– Wheelchair Bus Lift Accidents
– Bus Door Accident Injuries
– Bus Accident with Bicycle Attorney
– Bus Pedestrian Accident
Below are some important questions one should ask their attorney during an initial consultation.
Our Law Firm represents victims injured in bus accident across the state of California. If you need to speak with an attorney regarding your claim contact our law office toll free (855)385-2529. All initial legal consultations are completely confidential and free of charge. More Information: Statute of Limitations for Filing a Bus Accident Claim Tour Bus Accidents
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.