can be extremely dangerous leading to serious injuries to bus occupants, the bus driver, and sell as individuals in automobiles struck by the public transportation vehicle. The State of California and the Federal government use Prison Buses as the chief way of transporting inmates to and fro state and federal penitentiaries. In most instances prison buses are able to transport inmates in a safe and effective manner. However in some instances prison buses are involved in serious traffic accidents on California’s highways and roads. If you or a loved has suffered injuries resulting from a prison bus crash contact our California Personal Injury and Prisoner rights attorneys
for a free no cost evaluation of your bus injury claim. We are available to take your phone call and review your file 7 days a week including weekends and holidays.
Update Prison Bus Crash in Texas
: At least ten were killed and five seriously injures when a prison bus in the state of Texas careened off a highway overpass. The accident took place on at 7:30 AM local time. The bus landed on train tracks and was then struck by a train. Of the ten death 8 are prisoners and 2 are state of Texas correctional officers. The other five were taken to regional hospital. No specific cause of the accident has been reported but indication are that ace and sleet on the road may have been a contributing factor.
Common Causes of Prison Bus Accidents
There can be numerous causes of prison bus accidents. Some of the common causes of bus accident on California Roads are as follows:
- Distracted Driving – Including text messaging while driving a bus
- Speeding while driving
- Drunk Driving or Driving under the Influence of Narcotics
- Defective Bus manufacturing
- Tire retread defects and tire defect leading to tire blowouts
- Failure to properly inspect and maintain bus
- Defective Breaks
- Poor Roadway Conditions
- Negligent Driving
Government Liability for Prison Bus Accidents
Bus operators owe a duty as a common carrier for the safety of their passengers including prison inmates and prison staff. California Government Code Section 810 et seq
. rules regarding governmental entities for personal injury
liability and compensation for damages under state law. The California’s Torts Claims Act provides for a limited waiver of sovereign immunity to bring personal injury claims against the State of California including all public entities.
How long do I have to sue the Government for my injuries: The general statute of limitations for filing a claim against a government entity is six months. So, if you have been hurt in a bus accident you should act quickly to seek legal representation as the statute of limitations may bar you from recovering for your injuries.
What are the most common injuries from a Bus accidents:
Injuries vary dependent on the severity of the accident, the position of the victim in the bus during the crash and the general health of the individual injured. Some of the most common injuries resulting from bus collisions are as follows….
- Head injuries– Including Traumatic Brain Injury, Skull Fractures and Brain Hemorrhaging
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Leading to Paraplegia, Tetraplegia, Paralysis, and nerve damage
- Broken Bones – Including Fractured Ribs, Broken teeth, broken arms and leg, and wrist fractures
- Facial Injuries – Facial Lacerations, Broken Noses and Permanent Scarring and disfigurement
If you have suffered any of the injuries described it is important to consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer regarding your legal right to compensation.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 with a representative now.
Bus Accident Guide
– Bus Accident
– Common Causes of a Bus Accident
– Bus Accident FAQ
– Value of a Bus Accident Lawsuit
– How to File a Bus Accident Claim
– Who can I sue?
– Statute of Limitations
– Statute of Limitations – School Injury
– School Bus Accident
– Bus Tow Truck Accident
– Prison Bus Accident
– Hit and Run Bus Accident
– Charter Bus Accident
– Airport Shuttle Bus Accident
– Tour Bus Accident Attorney
– Greyhound Bus Accident
– Bus Passenger Injury Attorney
– Bus Stop Accident Attorney
– Wheelchair Bus Lift Accidents
– Bus Door Accident Injuries
– Bus Accident with Bicycle Attorney
Selecting a Bus Accident attorney
– Bus Pedestrian Accident
: Prison Bus accident litigation can be a difficult process requiring expert legal representation, and experience in litigation against government entities. Here at the Downtown LA Law Firm we will help you get the compensation you deserve.