Common Causes of Prison Bus AccidentsThere can be numerous causes of prison bus accidents. Some of the common causes of bus accident on California Roads are as follows:
- Distracted Driving – Including text messaging while driving a bus
- Speeding while driving
- Drunk Driving or Driving under the Influence of Narcotics
- Defective Bus manufacturing
- Tire retread defects and tire defect leading to tire blowouts
- Failure to properly inspect and maintain bus
- Defective Breaks
- Poor Roadway Conditions
- Negligent Driving
Government Liability for Prison Bus AccidentsBus operators owe a duty as a common carrier for the safety of their passengers including prison inmates and prison staff. California Government Code Section 810 et seq. rules regarding governmental entities for personal injury liability and compensation for damages under state law. The California’s Torts Claims Act provides for a limited waiver of sovereign immunity to bring personal injury claims against the State of California including all public entities. How long do I have to sue the Government for my injuries: The general statute of limitations for filing a claim against a government entity is six months. So, if you have been hurt in a bus accident you should act quickly to seek legal representation as the statute of limitations may bar you from recovering for your injuries.
What are the most common injuries from a Bus accidents:Injuries vary dependent on the severity of the accident, the position of the victim in the bus during the crash and the general health of the individual injured. Some of the most common injuries resulting from bus collisions are as follows….
- Head injuries– Including Traumatic Brain Injury, Skull Fractures and Brain Hemorrhaging
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Leading to Paraplegia, Tetraplegia, Paralysis, and nerve damage
- Broken Bones – Including Fractured Ribs, Broken teeth, broken arms and leg, and wrist fractures
- Facial Injuries – Facial Lacerations, Broken Noses and Permanent Scarring and disfigurement
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.Selecting a Bus Accident attorney: Prison Bus accident litigation can be a difficult process requiring expert legal representation, and experience in litigation against government entities. Here at the Downtown LA Law Firm we will help you get the compensation you deserve.