All too often motorcycle accidents lead to critical injuries to bike riders. Protective motorcycle equipment including helmets, gloves, footwear, chest and back protectors, and jackets should be designed to protect riders from serious injuries during a motorcycle crash. However in certain instanced such protective equipment fail to protect riders due to malfunctioning parts, defective design, cheap construction material and faulty manufacturing practices. If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident
it is very possible that your injures have been the result of defective motorcycle riding equipment
Contact our California defective helmet manufacturing attorney for a free no cost consultation where we will determined whether a defective product was a contributing factor in the severity of your injuries. Call us toll free (888) 649-7166
Motorcycle Helmet Defect and Skull Cal Defects can Lead to Serious Brain Injuries:
According to statistic motorcycle helmets can shield a rider from suffering traumatic brain injuries. However in some instances motorcycle helmets fail to provide the necessary protection to the head and face during a high impact bike collisions. While in other situations helmet fail to remain properly fastened to the head during motorcycle accidents. Some common defects associated with motorcycle riding helmet include:
- Lack of impact resistant material
- Chin Strap defects leading to failure to properly secure helmet during riding and helmet falling off during a collision
- Helmet Fastener Defects resulting in helmets moving out of position on the bike riders head
- Failure to Comply with retention requirements
- Failure to comply with penetration deflection tests
- Fail to comply with impact attenuation during a collision
Severe roadway bike crashes involving helmet design and manufacturing defects can lead to a range of brain and facial injuries including
Severe Head and Facial Injuries:
The majority of injuries resulting from Motorcycle accidents were to the upper and lower extremities, including burn injuries broken limbs and amputations. However the most catastrophic injuries are usually to the Spinal Cord and Brain. Such injuries result in massive hospital costs and long terms or permanent disabilities including Permanent Brain Damage, Paralysis, and Paraplegia. According to estimates an average hospital charge of motorcyclists who did not suffer head injuries was $2,300; while the average hospital bill of a motorcycle head and or facial injuries was $74,000. Many individuals are not able to pay such mounting bills and are left deal with escalating debt. If you have suffered such injuries you may be able to receive compensation from negligent parties including motorists, government entities, and non compliant insurance companies.
What should I do after a Motorcycle Accident if I believe my helmet was defective?
- Always take care of your well being: If injured seek medical attention as soon as possible. The quicker you seek medical representation the greater the chance of recovery.
- Document where the helmet was with respect to where you where you were after the accident. If you have a camera take pictures of the placement of the helmet.
- If the helmet has cracked open take pictures, and gather the fallen pieces.
- Do not destroy or throw out your helmet.
- Do not alter the helmet in any way including the helmet buckle and or chin strap
- If there are any witnesses attempt to get their information including their names and addresses
- Keep all your medical records
- Don not speak to an insurance adjuster until you have spoken to a personal injury attorney
Compensation for your motorcycle helmet defects injuries – Injury Claims due to Helmet Defects
The monetary compensation for an injuries suffered from a motorcycle defect accident depends on several factors that will be determined through thorough analysis of your injuries and future medical needs. Your doctor including neurologists orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists can probably give you a good indication of the severity of your injuries and whether long term or permanent damage has taken place. Compensation is often base on your
Selecting the Right Legal Representation for your Motorcycle injury claim
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses include all medical bills and costs
- Future Medical Expenses: Unfortunately, the effects of a car accident can often be felt for months, years, or even a lifetime after the injury occurred.
- Lost Wages: After an accident, you are entitled to any income you lost.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: In addition to current lost wages, victims of brain injuries are eligible to receive compensation for future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Including Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, Anxiety and depression resulting from your brain injury
- Permanence of your injury: Often time brain injuries are irreversible leading to permanent lifelong disabilities which may require rehabilitation and long term care.
It is important for your attorney understands the extent of Injuries and employs the proper experts to determine if product liability claim can be litigated successfully.
Downtown LA Law Group
: We are a full service plaintiff’s law firm. We are compassionate litigators fighting for the rights of our clients. Our attorneys can help with your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation or a second opinion.
Statute of Limitations Regarding your Claim:
It is crucial to act quickly before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with one of our attorneys regarding your claim: (888) 649-7166