Motorcycle Accidents and Insurance Companies:You must understand that Insurance companies are a corporation and as such are in the business of making money for their shareholders. If and when they are faced with substantial financial duties when one of their insured is at fault in a motorcycle accident, their chief concern in lessening the payment to the injured party as much as possible. An insurance company defense claims adjuster, will try to minimize the seriousness of a motorcycle accident. Their goal is to reduce your compensation as much as possible. Don’t let this happen, you need time to heel your wounds let us fight the insurance companies for you. What do I do if I have been contacted by an Insurance Adjuster? If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Downey and are contacted by an Insurance adjuster regarding your motorcycle injuries is it vital that you ask them to contact you at a different time. Do not mention any details regarding your accident and injuries. Next, contact a skilled Downey Motorcycle Attorney for a consultation regarding your matter. Often insurance companies have used what you mention over the phone against you so as to lower your compensation. At Downtown La Law our Downey Motorcycle Accident Lawyers won’t shy away from confronting Insurance companies, forcing them to pay the claim you deserve for your injuries.
Why a Motorcycle Accident is very dangerousMotorcycle accidents in Downey usually occur because of negligence. Three-quarters of all motorcycle accidents in Downey involve a car, truck or another motorized vehicle. A negligent driver is not excused because they “didn’t see the motorcycle.” Below are some facts which highlight the dangers posed by motorcycle accidents.
- More than 80 percent of all reported motorcycle accidents end up in injury or death to the motorcyclist.
- The main reason behind this tragic statistic is that motorcycles provide no head injury protection to the rider, also ejections from sudden stop lead to serious bone fractures and death.
- More than 25% motorcycle claimants have injuries in multiple locations;
- Head Injuries: nearly 20% suffer head injuries leading to permanent disability
- 10% have spinal injuries leading to loss of the use of legs and hands. Quadriplegia.