Motocross is a recreational sport enjoyed by thousands of adults and teenagers across the nation. Participants in motocross are passionate about their sport and comprehend the known risks of serious injuries associated with the activity. However in many instances motocross injuries are the result of the negligent and or intentional acts of other who have a duty to provide a safe and hazard free racing environment. In other instances motocross accidents take place because of defectively designed motorcycles and motorcycle parts including defective brakes and fuel pump systems.
Compensation for injuries: If you or a loves one have suffered serious injuries during a motocross competition you be entitled to full and just compensation for your injuries. To learn more contact the product liability attorneys at the Downtown LA law Group.
Defective Product Lawsuits – Product Liability Claim Against Motocross Bike and Equipment Manufacturer’s
– Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Defective Motorcycles can cause catastrophic motocross racing accidents. Proving the presence of a defective product can be difficult to prove in the court of law. Generally there are three ways a plaintiff attorney is able to prove the existence of a defective product.
(1) Defect in the original design of the product.
(2) Defect in the manufacturing process of the product. This can be proven by showing the finished product on store shelves is markedly different and as a result more dangerous than the intended original design.
(3) Labeling Defect: Also referred to as a failure to warn of known dangers associated with the use of the product. Defective Motorcycle Helmets: Motorcycle helmets should be designed to protect bike riders from serious injuries to the head and face. However in many instances motorcycle helmets used in motocross racing fail to meet proper safety guidelines. Common motocross helmet defects include
- Lack of impact resistant material
- Helmet Fastener Defects resulting in helmets moving out of position on the bike riders head
- Failure to Comply with retention requirements
- Failure to comply with penetration deflection tests
- Fail to comply with impact attenuation during a collision
Premises Liability Claim – Lawsuits Against Track Operators
– Preventing Motorcycle Accidents
Owners and operators of Motocross Tracks have a duty to provide a safe and hazard free track in motocross sporting competitions. Owners must abide by regulatory safety and health standards established by the jurisdiction where the track is located. Different states and localities have numerous regulations which need to be followed.
Common Motocross Injuries are as follows
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Cervical Neck Fractures
- Neurological Impairments
- Head Trauma
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Severe Facial Injuries
- Broken Limbs
- Separated Shoulder Injuries
If you have any further questions and would like to speak to an attorney regarding your claim contact our Law Office Toll Free (855) 339-8879. Our offices will be able to take your call 24 hours per day 7 days per week. The Downtown LA Law Firm is a California headquartered National Personal Injury Law Firm able to represent clients across the United States.