Causes Of Truck AccidentsTrucks are very difficult to rive, and most individuals on the road operating large trucks have CDLs. Other cars may not know how to maneuver around them, which can be dangerous. Some drivers pass on the right without knowing that there are blind spots and wide turns, and others may not know how much harder it is to stop a speeding truck, so cutting one off can be dangerous.
- Wide load with improper marking
- Uncovered bed with overfilled materials
- Improper weight distribution of contents in a container or trailer
- Improperly hitched trailer
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Failure to observe right of way laws
- Inability to safely operate on curved roads and steep hills
- Road defects that cause accidents and dangerous driving situations
- Poor weather that makes it hard to operate trucks and lowers the visibility of the road
- Driver exhaustion due to excessive hours on the road
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs or other substances
- Truck defects
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.
Steps To Take After A Truck AccidentToo often, individuals are shaken up after a truck accident and do not follow the right procedure to ensure they are kept safe and that they have a good foundation for a lawsuit or claim. Some individuals simply want to move on and go home, which can be extremely detrimental. They may not get the compensation they need to cover their damages, and if they do not collect any proof or evidence, their subsequent claims will be denied. You should make sure that you have ample proof of your accident and that you do not risk being further injured from the crash. You need to call the paramedics at once or go to the hospital to get treatment. Even if you feel you weren’t hurt, getting seen can benefit your health; you may have damages that are not apparent or that you may not feel. If you do not get medical help, it will also negatively impact your claim. The insurance agent will question why you didn’t go to the doctor quickly if you were injured. Next you should take as many photos and videos of you ca. This should include the scene of the accident, the responsible driver, the injuries you suffered, the damage done to both vehicles, and more. If you can acquire security footage or videos from anyone’s dashboard camera, you can add them to your claim, too. There may have been passengers or bystanders nearby who saw the incident happen. You can request their statements and testimonies to add to your claim. They will provide another perspective besides your own, which will benefit your lawsuit. Burbank truck accident attorneys can gather your evidence and submit it to the insurance agency. We will write the demand letter to request your fair compensation, and we will not stop pursuing what you deserve.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
Truck Accident CompensationVictims of truck accidents may be severely hurt and left in the hospital for weeks. You could be bedridden or not be able to return to work because of your injuries, and your daily life could be permanently altered. You should not be left out in the cold when injured in a truck accident; the responsible company should pay for your damages and ensure that you’re free of certain debts and expenses. It is only fair that the liable driver cover your expenses. We’ll ensure that you get total coverage for your losses. You can receive:
- Medical bills (hospitalization, ambulatory transportation, surgery, physical therapy, medication, future treatments)
- Property damage to your vehicle, personal items that were lost, belongings that were broken, and more
- Lost income if you could not work due to injury, no transportation, or because of additional medical procedures, in addition to future wage reimbursement
- Pain and suffering damages to cover the mental and emotional trauma, PTSD, fear, anxiety, and more
- Wrongful death expenses if a loved one day, including funeral and burial fees, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of savings and inheritance, and more
- Punitive damages if a driver was egregiously negligent or if he deliberately attempted to harm you in the incident
Value Of Your ClaimYour case value is determined by the insurance agent handling your claim. The evidence and demand letter will be submitted to the agency and the agent will look over the claim, which can take about two weeks. He will then make an offer based on the following:
- The extent and severity of your injuries
- The impact your injuries had on your career
- Your age
- Your job type
- The level of responsibility you had in the accident
Call (213) 389-3765 to schedule a free legal consultation.