Every year thousands of individuals are injured or killed while walking across California’s streets and roads. Many Pedestrians who are struck by vehicles while jaywalking, or unlawfully walking across a street wrongfully believe they are unable to recovery for their injuries. If you have been hit by a motor vehicle while crossing a street, you may have a right to compensation for your injuries. Contact the Downtown LA Law Group for a free no cost evaluation of your case. All initial consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys is completely free of charge.
Common injuries resulting from pedestrian accidents:
Some of the most frequent injuries from pedestrian vehicle accident are as follows:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Permanent Brain Damage
- Fractured Ribcage
- Broken Bones
- Broken Pelvis
- Broken Noses and Teeth
- Facial Lacerations
- Traumatic Eye Injuries
- Emotional Distress and Pain and Suffering
If you have suffered any of the above injuries contact a medical health professional so you can be diagnosed and properly treated. Also, contact a personal injury accident attorney sine you may be entitled to compensation from negligent drivers or other liable parties. Jaywalking and Driver Liability: Pedestrians in the state of California are refrained from illegally crossing streets and roadways outside of demarcated crosswalks. However, liability against motorist can still be established if the motorist was negligent, distracted, texting, , speeding, or Drunk Driving during the collision with a pedestrian. Determining liability for a pedestrian accident can be difficult to establish; that is why you should hire injury attorneys experience and knowledgeable in general personal injury law and specifically pedestrian/motorist litigation.
Learn more about your legal options: Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
California Pedestrian Right of Way and Jaywalking Laws:
Below are selected California Pedestrian Crosswalk Laws; for a more in depth analysis of your pedestrian injury claim contact our Law Firm and speak with an experienced and knowledgeable pedestrian accident attorney.
V C Section 21950 Right of Way at Crosswalks
– (a) The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, except as otherwise provided in this chapter. (c) The driver of a vehicle approaching a pedestrian within any marked or unmarked crosswalk shall exercise all due care and shall reduce the speed of the vehicle or take any other action relating to the operation of the vehicle as necessary to safeguard the safety of the pedestrian.
(d) Subdivision (b) does not relieve a driver of a vehicle from the duty of exercising due care for the safety of any pedestrian within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection
21453(b) CVC – Right Turn on Red Light
– [Summary, not verbatim] A driver, after stopping for a steady circular red signal, may turn right. However, the driver shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to traffic using the cross street.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
21954(a) CVC – Pedestrians Outside Crosswalk –
Every pedestrian upon a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway so near as to constitute an immediate hazard. (b) The provisions of this section shall not relieve the driver of a vehicle from the duty to exercise due care for the safety of any pedestrian upon a roadway.
Legal Representation You Can Count On:
Here at Downtown LA Law Group we believe
that you should never have to pay for accidents that occur as a result of someone else’s negligence, carelessness or conduct. Our personal Los Angeles personal injury lawyers understand that the needs of each individual are different, and we pride ourselves in providing specialized legal services to those injured in pedestrian collisions.
The Ultimate Guide to Pedestrian Accident
– Pedestrian Accident Attorney
– Sidewalk Injury Lawyers
– Crosswalks Pedestrian Accident
– Driveway Pedestrian Accidents
– Pedestrian Right of Way Laws
– Pedestrian Accident FAQ
– Accident Facts & Statistics
– Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits
– Pedestrian Accident Laws
– What do to after a Pedestrian Accident
– Skateboarding Accident Attorney
If you need expert legal representation we can help. We will take care of every legal detail and make sure you achieve the highest compensation possible for your loss; in the meantime, concentrate on the most important part of this process – your recovery
Remember that it is crucial to act quickly after you’ve been injured before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim