- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken nose
- Facial lacerations
- Broken leg
- Ocular or eye injuries
- Mild head injuries
- Concussion after skateboard accident
- Broken femur
- Broken tibia
- Traumatic hand injuries
Pedestrian Skateboard Accident LawsuitsIf you were injured you need to consider whether a lawsuit for your injuries is a good idea. The party responsible will likely have insurance and you will need to file a claim with the insurance company for your injuries. Generally you have 2 years to file a personal injury lawsuit in California. This time period can be tolled or extended in certain cases i.e. when dealing with minors or if the injury was catastrophic. Insurance companies will require a full review of any medical information and it is important to speak with an attorney before making a statement. Insurance companies will use any statement made by you to deny liability. That is why it is important to have an attorney involved in the process to monitor or prevent statements to be made.
Skateboard Accidents Involving Buses and Public Transportation VehiclesIf you were involved in a skateboard accident and the vehicle was a city operated bus, you have only 6 months to file a claim for your injuries. This 6 month statute is applies anytime you are dealing with a government claim. If you have been injured or hit by a bus, you need to make sure you preserve your right to pursue a lawsuit. In the event that you do not file the necessary claim forms within the 6 month period you are barred from bringing forth a lawsuit for your injuries. What Should I Do After My Accident: Here are some tips if you were involved in a skateboard accident.
- Get a police report. This will require you calling the police to have them file a formal report.
- Obtain all information for the party responsible for your injury.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Make no statements until you have spoken with an attorney.
- Do not communicate with the insurance company.
- Document any injuries you may have.
- Speak to a skateboard personal injury attorney