Every year thousands individuals particularity children are injured and hundreds are killed in accidents caused by the negligent motorists improperly backing out of a driveway. These collisions with pedestrians take place when vehicles are backing out of driveways and parking spaces in reverse. Common caused of these accidents include
- Failure to use caution when backing up from a driveway
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Speeding out of a driveway
- Sport utility vehicles and truck drivers not being able to see behind them
- Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of intoxicants
Victims of auto-pedestrian accident caused by negligent driving are entitled to monetary compensation for all their injuries.
Pedestrian Right of Way Laws:
California Vehicle Code Section 21949-21971 pedestrian right of way laws states, ” The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.” More so the code state that a driver shall, “exercise all due care and shall reduce the speed of the vehicle or take any other action relating to the operation of the vehicle as necessary to safeguard the safety of the pedestrian.” More information on California Right of Way Laws
Common injuries caused of Pedestrians struck by Vehicle Backing out of a Driveway:
There are not specific studies outlining the common injuries suffered from such accidents. However based on anecdotal information from our clients and new reports we have compiled a list of some common injuries associated with such accidents:
- Knee and ligament injuries
- Injuries to the lower limbs including crushed foot and degloving injuries
- Facial fractures including broken nose
- Severe neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and brain damage
The Ultimate Guide to Pedestrian Accident
– Pedestrian Accident AttorneyWhat is the Values of a My Cases:
– Sidewalk Injury Lawyers
– Crosswalks Pedestrian Accident
– Driveway Pedestrian Accidents
– Pedestrian Right of Way Laws
– Pedestrian Accident FAQ
– Accident Facts & Statistics
– Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits
– Pedestrian Accident Laws
– What do to after a Pedestrian Accident
– Skateboarding Accident Attorney
The value of any personal injury claim is predicated on several interlinking factors. Some of the most significant factors in determining the estimated value of a accident lawsuits are as follows.
- What was the extent and severity of the injuries suffered.
- Did the injured party sustain injuries severe enough to result in a loss of work and a loss of future income due to chronic (permanent) injuries
- What is the limits of the insurance coverage for the responsible vehicle?
- What is the cost of corrective or revision surgeries and future rehabilitation cost?
- Will future medical care be required?
- What is the degree of pain and suffering associated with your claim?
- Are Punitive damages claims available?