Our children are our most important possessions. The duty of every parent and guardian is to protect our young from harm. Sadly however thousands of children suffer from serious injuries due to the negligent or intentional acts of others.
Children Accident Attorney
Downtown La Law is a well respected Child Injury Law Firm dedicated to protecting the rights of the young so they can receive the full compensation they are entitled to for their injuries. Our dedicated team of attorneys have the experience, and knowledge to tackle the most difficult personal injury matters and prevail against any defendant including large corporations, Private School and Public School Districts, Child toy manufacturers, Negligent motorists, Day Care Operators, Dog Bite owners and their respective insurance companies. If you son or daughter has been injured due to the acts of others contact our personal injury law firm: Our legal team will review your child’s injury claim free of charge and determine the best legal course of action possible in the matter. Below are some of the Child Injury Cases we handle. Feel free to click on any of the links provided below for more in depth information regarding the specific type of accident and harm suffered.
Child Victims of Auto Accidents: Traffic Accidents are the leading cause of injuries to children in the United States. According to the CDC 250,000 children are seriously injure in car accidents on our roads.
Child Fall Injuries: Each year more that 1500 children under the age of 18 are killed due to fall related accidents. The vast majority of fall related accidents can be averted by maintaining safe environment for our children.
Child Day Care Injuries: Owners and operators of child day care centers owe a duty to protect the health and safety of children under their care. As parents we entrust operator of day care to protect our children from, acts of violence, slip and falls, general neglect, and child abuse. Form more information visit US Consumer Product Safety Commissions report on Safety Hazards in Child Care Settings.
Child Dog Bites and Animal Attacks: The young are particularly vulnerable to dog bite attacks. According to recent published data two thirds of all dog bite victims are children under the age of 18. Dog’s which display a propensity for attacks against children include Pit bulls, Rottweiler’s, Dobermans, and Akitas.
– What to do after a dog bite? – Pain and suffering compensation – PTSD Dog Bite Lawsuit – Numbness After a Dog Bite – Puncture Wounds from Dog Bites – Infections from Dog Bites Summer Camp Accident and Injury Claim: Summer Camp operators and Counselors may be held responsible for accidents and intentional acts suffered during your child’s stay including Sexual Assaults, Physical Abuse, Burn Injuries, and Drowning. Child Toy Defects: Manufacturers of Child toys can be held liable for producing products that are manufactured defectively, designed defectively, or lacking proper warnings and instructions on proper use. Stroller Defects and Baby Hammock Defects: Poorly designed Baby Hammocks and Strollers can lead to serious injuries, including strangulation, brain injuries, and can lead to the death of a child. If your newborn child is injured contact our California Defective Products attorneys . Playpen and Side Crib Injuries: Defective Playpens and Side cribs are responsible for hundreds of injuries every year. When such products fail to meet certain criteria then manufacturers, retailers and distributors may be held liable. School Bus Accidents: School Buses are amongst the safest form of transportation. Yet every year thousands of students are injured as a result of faulty Buses, driver negligence, and school bus assaults. Toxic Mold Injuries to Children: The presence of toxic black mold can lead to harmful physical injuries and cognitive impairment. Landlords may be held responsible for such injuries if they knew or should have known of the presence of mold and failed to re-mediate the issues. Child Bicycle Accidents and Bicycle Helmet Defects: Bicycle accident are a leading cause of injuries to children. Many bicycle accident injuries are cause by inattentive drivers at intersection, red lights and stop sings. Injuries In School and School Sex Abuse: Our Firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of children injured in school due the negligent or intentional acts of school administrators. If you suspect your child has been molested in school seek legal advice as soon as possible. School Bullying Attorney: Under California Law Bullying can be defined as attacks by an individual or a group of individual with a perceived or actual imbalance of power against a weaker individual or group of individuals. School administrators are required to take appropriate measures to protect children. Fireworks Injuries: Property Owners may be held liable to injuries resulting from fireworks shows on their property. The vast majority of firework injuries take place during the summer months of June July and August. Child Swimming Pool Drowning: Parents of Child victims of Drowning in pools may have a wrongful death claim against pool owners and operators for negligent supervision, defective pools, intentional acts and slip and falls. Medical Malpractice Injuries to Children – Birth Injuries: Medical Malpractice claims against children include birthing malpractice leading to Cerebral Palsy, Erbes Palsy and Brain Injuries, Circumcision Malpractice, failure to diagnose a medical conduction and improper treatment and surgical errors. Child Abuse and Shaken baby Syndrome: Child abuse is horrendous act that should lead to the criminal prosecution of the abuser. Shaken baby syndrome is a brain injury resulting from child abuse which can lead to permanent impairment and cognitive disabilities. Child and Infant Brain Injury: Many wrongly believe that brain injuries sustained by the young will heal since the brain of a child is in the process of growth. However this is not the case. Children under the age of five are at an increased risk of developing permanent cognitive disabilities caused by blows to the head including; attention deficit, loss or reduction of memory, anxiety, depression, and learning disability.
Other Cases we handle:
- Child Victims of Trucking Accidents
- Child Victims of Horseback riding accidents
- Child Victims of Pedestrian Accidents
- Child Victims of Burn Injuries
- Child Victims of Sports Injuries
Statute of Limitations for Child Injury Lawsuits:
Generally, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuits in the state of California is two years. However children are provided a unique privilege where they have two years from the date of their 18th birthday to file a claim against at fault parties. For example if your child is injured due to a defective toy at the age of 7 her has two years from the date of his 18th birthday, or one day before his 20th birthday to file a claim. Los Angeles – Orange County and San Diego Child Injury Attorneys Are here to help: Our Injury Law Firm is dedicated to the task exemplified by our founding partners, “to vigorously protect the rights of the innocent against the negligent or intentional acts of defendant.” If you have any legal questions and would like to speak to one of our attorneys call (855) 339-8879. All consultations are free of charge.