Cervical disc herniations (otherwise referred to as a herniated cervical disc) are one of the most common injuries to befell victims of auto accidents including truck accidents, public transportation accidents and motorcycle collisions. Disc herniations is a spine condition where the gel-like center of a disc is ruptured due to severe trauma. Medical doctors and physicians usually like to use an example of a jelly donut being squished resulting in the release of its inner fillings. Victims of severe injury due to the negligent or intentional acts of other are entitled to full monetary compensation Diagnosis and Treatment: Diagnosis of cervical disc herniation is established via the using of several different imaging devices including X-rays, CT scans, Myelogram a specialized X-ray where dye is injected into the spinal canal, or MRIs. Treatment for a herniated disc may include
- The implementation of several different exercise programs prescribed by a doctor, chiropractor or occupational therapist
- Use of medications including – NSAIDs, Corticosteroid medications (Cortisone injections), Epidural injections, and trigger point injections.
- Surgical treatments – Many patient may require surgery if the pain and discomfort has not subsided Compensation for Injured Victims of Auto Accidents. Such procedures can include Minimally invasive microendoscopic discectomy or Artificial disc replacement.
- Compensation for all present and future medical costs including the cost of rehabilitation and occupational therapy
- Lost wages due to missed work and compensation for reduction of future earning capacity
- Recovery for pain and suffering including emotional trauma and mental anguish
- Punitive damages – where possible in cases where the at fault party displayed reckless disregard for the health of safety of others.