The country club is reserved for members, and its amenities are to be used only by those who have a membership. This should come with certain perks and safety features, but unfortunately, many of the facilities do not have such benefits. The pool, for example, can be dangerous and not have any updates or maintenance. If you were at a country club
and you were injured in a pool accident
, you can sue the business for compensation. Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group
, will gladly handle your claim for you and ensure that you are fairly paid for your losses and injuries.
How do country club pool accidents happen?
A country club is a members-only association
that offers many amenities to those who pay the fees. It may offer golf courses for private use and saunas for relaxation. It also has pools available for members to swim in. Some of these pools are dangerous, though, and it is no surprise when accidents happen. The fees should be appropriately used for maintenance and safety of the pool, but sadly, this is not always the case.
You could be injured in a pool accident at a country club in the following ways:
- Lifeguard problems, which may come in the form of simple lifeguard negligence, lack of proper training, absent lifeguards, and more. It is altogether too common for lifeguards to not be present at the country club pools, which can be dangerous if there are inexperienced swimmers around or if there are large groups of people with young children.
- Lack of safety equipment for members to use, such as floatation devices and buoys.
- Defective pool parts, like stairs that are broken, ladders with broken rungs, ladders that are not properly affixed to the pool side, broken or jagged drain covers, and more.
- Water troubles, like chemicals, filth, and more that can cause sickness and allergic reactions.
- Diving board accidents, which may happen due to diving boards that are too slippery, not appropriately screwed into the ground, are too springy, break upon usage, and more.
- Lack of signs and hazard symbols near the pool, which can cause people to get hurt when they are unaware of any troubles. There may be broken parts of the pool that are scheduled to be fixed, but if there are no signs warning anyone, the club can be held responsible. Similarly, there should be appropriate markings for the depth of the pool. If someone dives into the pool in the shallow end, he risks severe injuries, like neck and spinal cord damage.
- Slip and fall accidents, which may happen because the ground near the pool is too slippery or if there are any hazards or debris on the ground near the pool. You could either fall next to the pool or into the pool. In some cases, a slip and fall can happen to a child, which may cause him or her to be trapped in the pool and unable to get out.
Many accidents can lead to serious injuries, but no injury is more devastating than a death from drowning. If a loved one has passed away in a drowning accident at a country club, or if you suffered any injuries of your own, you should take appropriate legal action.
How can I sue a country club for a pool accident?
In order to sue a country club for injuries suffered in a pool accident
, you must be able to prove that the country club owed you a duty of care that was breached, and that the breach of duty led to an accident and physical harm
. You can also show (as is required in a premises liability lawsuit) that there was a hazard at the pool that was not warned about, or that the property owner caused the hazard in the first place. Further, you can prove that the property owner was unaware of the defect or problem, but reasonably should have been, as would be the case with any other attentive property owner.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
If you were hurt in a pool accident, the first step you should take involves going to the doctor. You should get medical treatment quickly so that your injuries do not worsen. Further, it will benefit your claim – if there is a large gap between the incident and the treatment, the insurance agent could be less likely to pay out a settlement. You should keep all documents and receipts from the hospital to prove that you received treatment.
It will be necessary for you to get as much photographic and video proof of the incident, too. You can include photos of your injuries and photos of the pool and its hazards. You may also request security footage or surveillance videos if any were available.
You can then ask any eyewitnesses for their statements as to what happened. They can provide you with additional proof and perspectives that will be invaluable to your claim.
It will benefit you to file an incident report with the country club to alert them to the incident. It will also allow you to keep a trail showing that the company was aware and that you were not simply bringing up a lawsuit out of nowhere. You should be very careful to not accept anything from the country club, either – reject any offers, promotional benefits, perks, free upgrades, and more. This can be used to counter your claim and show that you were already compensated.
Lastly, it will be in your benefit if you contact an attorney with experience in country club pool accident claims
. You may not have any experience in the realm, and you might not know what to do to get any compensation. We will negotiate a fair deal from the insurance agency and will do everything to ensure that you are fairly covered. You should only worry about recovering in the aftermath of the incident.
What can I win from a country club pool accident lawsuit?
If you were hurt in an accident at a country club pool, you could receive ample compensation for your damages. You shouldn’t be expected or forced to pay off the debts and expenses that stemmed from the incident. Your injuries should be the responsibility of the property owner that contributed to the problem. Our team of expert country club pool accident lawyers will do everything possible to win you fair restitution, such as:
- Medical expenses from the past and future for hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy, and more
- Lost income from the past and future for the time you could not go to work
- Property damage for any items you owned that were lost or broken in the incident
- Pain and suffering damages to cover emotional anxiety, fear, PTSD, psychological stress, and more
You could also receive wrongful death damages if your family member or loved one passed away in an accident at a country club. These damages are awarded to the survivors of the deceased and can take the form of funeral and burial expenses, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering, loss of consortium and relations, loss of income and expected inheritance, and more.
Our law firm will strive to win you the maximum settlement available for your case. Our goal is to ensure that you are appropriately covered and will not be left in any kind of debt whatsoever. You can call us for more help filing a lawsuit against the country club for pool injuries.
How much time do I have to sue a country club for a pool accident?
In California, the statute of limitations to sue a country club for a pool accident
is 2 years from the date of the injury. If you do not sue within that time frame, your claim will be void and you will be ineligible to receive any compensation. The statute of limitations allows both parties enough time to get their evidence in order and prevents claims from stagnating.
There are a few exceptions to the statute of limitations, though. These include instances where minors are hurt (statute begins at 18 years old), where victims are left incapacitated (statute begins when the individual returns to health or consciousness of mind), and when the defendant vacates the state (statute begins or resumes when he returns to the state).
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
We will ensure that your claim is filed on time if you reach out to our firm and work with us. You won’t have to worry about submitting anything and adhering to deadlines. We will take care of everything for you.
Let Us Help You
The Downtown LA Law Group
is known for its aggressive attorneys and our record of successful lawsuits. We have won many claims against country clubs for pool accidents and injuries
, and we know the best methods for success. We will not give up until we bring you every penny you deserve, even if we need to go to court to defend your rights.
Call our law firm at (888) 649-7166
for a free legal consultation to discuss your case. All your case details will be kept totally confidential, and you do not have to worry about anything being shared outside of our office walls. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no matter what you need to discuss with us. We will tell you what we believe your case is worth and how to move forward with the claim.
We will also give you our zero fee guarantee if you hire us to represent you. This will allow you to spend no money at all on the claim; we will cover all the costs and only get compensated if we win, and the money will come from the insurance settlement. If we lose, we take no money from any party, and you walk away with no debt owed to our firm.
Let our country club pool accident lawyers
at the Downtown LA Law Group
help you with your claim today.