Amusement Park and Roller Coaster Accident and Injury Statistics:
- According to published statistics there are between 10,000 and 12,000 amusement ride injuries every year.
- The Majority of amusement park injuries take place during the summer months from May to August
- There have been a reported 50 amusement park ride deaths over the past decade, 15 of them from roller coasters, 5 from water based rides, and 10 from whirling rides
Causes of Theme Park AccidentsTheme parks are not required by law to report injuries or fatalities which occur on their property to any single agency. While amusement parks are not considered to be dangerous there are a number of accidents which occur leaving the injured party with long term medical injuries. Whether it is operator negligence or a malfunctioning ride, serious injury are likely to occur. Our research shows that most injuries are related to operator negligence where the ride operator either suddenly stops the ride or fails to stop the ride appropriately. Such injuries generally cause mild to severe neck and spine injuries. Other related injuries include abrupt stopping, restraint malfunctioning or derailed rides.
– Private pool accidents
– Jet ski accidents lawyer
– Hotel Liability Swimming Pool Accidental Drowning
– Swimming Pool Drowning Lawyer
– How do drowning accidents occur?
– Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act
– Lifeguard Negligence
– Boating accidents
– Hotel Liability for Accidents and Injuries
– River drowning lawyers
– Hotel drowning accidents
– Who can be held responsible for a beach accident?
– Amusement Park Sexual Assault Attorney
– Amusement Park Accident lawsuit
Common Injuries Include
- Spine and Neck Injuries;
- Patrons body hitting another person or an element inside the vehicle or ride;
- Pain from the ride’s normal motion;
- Falls and ejection mid-ride;
- Getting into or out of the ride;
- Illness triggered by riding or restraint injury.
Popular Amusement Parks in CaliforniaCalifornia’s major theme parks which are frequently traveled by both residents and tourist include:
- Disney’s California Adventure
- Manteca Waterslides
- SeaWorld San Diego
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Fiesta Village Family Fun Park?
- Belmont Park
- Bonfante Gardens Theme Park
- Boomers/Camelot/Family Fun Centers
- Castle Park
- Knotts Soak City USA
- Legoland California
- Mountasia Family Fun Center
- Mustang Waterslides
- Pier 39
- Raging Waters
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Wild Rivers
- Wild Water Adventures