California is home to the largest collection of amusements parks in the west coast. Every year thousands of children and adults are injured due to negligent conditions at such facilities and many times leaving the injured party to bear the cost associated with the harm.
Amusement Park and Roller Coaster Accident and Injury Statistics:
- According to published statistics there are between 10,000 and 12,000 amusement ride injuries every year.
- The Majority of amusement park injuries take place during the summer months from May to August
- There have been a reported 50 amusement park ride deaths over the past decade, 15 of them from roller coasters, 5 from water based rides, and 10 from whirling rides
Injuries at such theme parks can often times are serious which cause long term injuries, both physical and psychological. If you have suffered any injury at a theme park, amusement park, circus attraction or street fair, contact our amusement park injury attorneys for a free consultation and case evaluation of your claim. Based on the type of harm suffered you can recover for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering and other related injuries. The statute of limitations in California varies for the type of injury so it is important to immediately file your case in order to preserve your rights.
Causes of Theme Park Accidents
Theme parks are not required by law to report injuries or fatalities which occur on their property to any single agency. While amusement parks are not considered to be dangerous there are a number of accidents which occur leaving the injured party with long term medical injuries. Whether it is operator negligence or a malfunctioning ride, serious injury are likely to occur. Our research shows that most injuries are related to operator negligence where the ride operator either suddenly stops the ride or fails to stop the ride appropriately. Such injuries generally cause mild to severe neck and spine injuries. Other related injuries include abrupt stopping, restraint malfunctioning or derailed rides.
Call (888) 649-7166 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form today.
Common Injuries Include
- Spine and Neck Injuries;
- Patrons body hitting another person or an element inside the vehicle or ride;
- Pain from the ride’s normal motion;
- Falls and ejection mid-ride;
- Getting into or out of the ride;
- Illness triggered by riding or restraint injury.
Popular Amusement Parks in California
California’s major theme parks which are frequently traveled by both residents and tourist include:
- Disney’s California Adventure
- Manteca Waterslides
- SeaWorld San Diego
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Fiesta Village Family Fun Park?
- Belmont Park
- Bonfante Gardens Theme Park
- Boomers/Camelot/Family Fun Centers
- Castle Park
- Knotts Soak City USA
- Legoland California
- Mountasia Family Fun Center
- Mustang Waterslides
- Pier 39
- Raging Waters
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Wild Rivers
- Wild Water Adventures
Theme Park Injury Attorney Free Case Evaluation
If you or someone you love has been injured at a theme park or amusement park don’t hesitate to call at (888) 649-7166 our Los Angeles theme park injury attorneys at Downtown LA Law for a free case evaluation. While your injuries may not seem serious at the time it is important to obtain an evaluation of your rights to determine the proper course of action. The amusement park attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group can help you recover for your lost wages, pain and suffering and medical expenses. Call us today at (888) 649-7166