Beach accidents are not uncommon, especially in coastal areas. You and your family may go to the beach quite often, and there may be numerous risks present that you do not pay attention to. If you or anyone in your family is injured while staying at the beach
, you could take legal action against the responsible party
. You should not be expected to pay these damages if you were not at fault. Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group
, has a team of beach accident attorneys
who take on your case for you.
What kind of injuries can I suffer at the beach?
Many beaches are large and expansive enough that there are blind spots and areas that are not properly maintained. There should always be ample security and lifeguards present, and if you are injured, you may be able to hold the city or private property owner accountable
. Some of the damages you can suffer include:
There are many ways that these injuries can happen. They may occur in the following manners:
- Broken bones
- Puncture wounds
- Knee injuries
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Neck and spinal cord damage
- Lack of lifeguards to dive in the water and save you or bring you to shore
- Lack of gates or fences near dangerous areas
- Lack of blocked-off areas, hazard signs, or other warnings
- Cloudy water that does not reveal dangers below or proper depth
- Debris on the beach and in the water, often as trash or detritus from vendors, ships, private property owners, beachgoers, and more
- Slip and fall accidents happening on the property of vendors at the beach, like renters and food and drink sellers
- Potholes in parking lots at beaches contributing to trip and falls
- Surfers, individuals on jet skis, boaters, individuals on wakeboards, individuals para-sailing, and other people in the water not paying close attention to the surrounding area and other people
- Environmental conditions and boating accidents that lead to toxic chemicals in the water, leading to skin problems, illnesses, diseases, allergic reactions, and more
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
If you were injured at the beach because of any of the aforementioned reasons, you should take proper legal action against the responsible party. We will do everything we can to ensure that you are fairly paid for your damages.
Who can be held responsible for a beach accident?
Beaches are public places, and you can hold the city accountable if it did not properly maintain the beach and ensure that it had no dangers or hazards. If there were problems that were reported but never fixed, there could be ample evidence that the city is to blame. Further, there could be private property owners at or near the beach who could be held responsible. They may run stalls, shops, and more, or they may even have property that is beach-front.
that you are on must be safe and not present any dangers for those on it. You can sue if the property owner:
- Caused the hazard to appear
- Knew about the issue but did nothing to fix it
- Did not know about the issue but reasonably should have been aware
It can be difficult to prove that the property owner was negligent in any of these ways if you do not have an attorney on your side. Premises liability cases
are not simple, and you should defer to a skilled, experienced lawyer for your claim.
How do I file a lawsuit for a beach injury?
If you were injured at the beach, you should take the following steps:
Firstly, you should go to the hospital to get treatment. You should not wait too long to get checked out; a delay between the incident and the treatment can be a red flag for the insurance agency. You should keep all medical notes, doctor’s notes, hospital receipts, and statements showing you received treatment.
Next, you should take as many photos as you can of your injuries, the scene of the incident at the beach, any defects or hazards, and more. these photos and, and even videos, will come in handy and show the extent of the dangers.
You can interview eyewitnesses and bystanders who saw the accident happen or who can attest that there is a danger present at the beach. These testimonies will help buffer your case.
You should also take down any relevant information from private property owners or find a lifeguard who was responsible. All of this contact details will help you reach the correct insurance agency to file your claim.
Lastly, it is important that you call a lawyer who has experience in beach accident lawsuit. We will gladly organize your evidence for you and submit it to the proper agency. We will negotiate a fair deal, argue in your favor, and work to bring you the justice you deserve. You can spend your time recovering and returning to a normal life.
What can I win from a beach accident lawsuit?
Victims of beach accidents can receive fair compensation for their injuries and damages. We can ensure that you are adequately paid if you were hurt; you should not be expected to cover these debts and bills by yourself. The party that contributed to the accident in some way should bear the burden of the damages. Our team will help you recover the following losses:
- Medical expenses from the past and future for your injuries, including surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, medication, and more
- Lost income from the past and future if you could not return to work for a period of time
- Property damage if any of your personal belongings were lost or broken in the incident
- Pain and suffering damages to cover mental anguish, PTSD, anxiety, fear, and more
Learn more about your legal options: call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
Further, we will pursue wrongful death damages if a family member or loved one drowned in a beach accident. The untimely death of a family member can be extremely traumatizing, and you should not have to pay for anything in the wake of the accident. It should be up to the liable party to do so. We will pursue any pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering costs, funeral and burial fees, loss of consortium, and loss of inheritance that we can.
Your case may be valued at over $1,000,000 in some circumstances. If the incident had a large impact on your life and career, it would likely be worth a large amount. If you weren’t hurt, or if you only suffered a minor injury, your case would not be valued that highly by the insurance agent.
For the best help available, contact our law firm today to earn what you deserve for your beach accident lawsuit.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit for a beach accident?
In California, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit
or premises liability claim
. If you do not file a lawsuit within that time frame, your claim will be thrown out and you will be prevented from collecting any compensation at all. the reason that the statute of limitations is in effect is because claims should be handled efficiently and quickly – they should not be put on the shelf until an opportune time or to capitalized on a party’s sudden lack of funds. Additionally, it is beneficial to file a claim quickly: the evidence you have will be better preserved and witnesses will have an easier time remembering the details of the incident.
There are a few situations in which the statute of limitations can be extended, though. They are as follows:
- Minors cannot legally sue and can wait until they turn 18 years old before adhering to the 2-year countdown
- Individuals left physically or mentally incapacitated do not have to follow the statute until they return to health, functionality, cognizance, or awareness
- Defendants who have left the state can cause the statute to get suspended until the time they return
Many claims are not filed because the victims do not know the statute of limitations. We can ensure that your lawsuit is documented on time and all evidence is submitted by the deadline. Our attorneys are punctual and efficient, and we will cover you from start to finish.
Our Firm and You
The Downtown LA Law Group
has years of experience handling beach accident lawsuits. We know the best ways to win your case, and we will work around the clock to win you the damages you deserve. Our aggressive lawyers are known for their successes and for going to all lengths to emerge victorious from lawsuits.
for a free legal consultation to look over your case and answer your questions. We will help you understand the legal process and will tell you more about our zero fee guarantee, which is a promise that you won’t pay us any fees throughout the case. We won’t get paid unless and until we win, and if we lose, we take nothing at all.
For the best help available in Los Angeles, contact the Downtown LA Law Group
. You can speak with a beach accident attorney today.