Avaulta Biosynthetic Mesh – Manufactured by Bard:Avaulta is a synthetic mesh manufactured by C.R. Bard to treat pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence in woman. When woman age the muscles in an around the pelvic region lose their strength. The result is that their internal reproductive organs can no longer be supported by those muscles. According to recent studies as much as 30 to 40 percent of woman in the United States will suffer from medical complications including Pelvic Organ Prolapsed resulting from the decreased strength of the pelvic muscles. C.R. Bard and other large medical device manufactures took the challenge to design and manufactures a mesh to work as a buttressed support mechanism for the weakening muscles. However, in many instances the implants fail to take hold and worked in the manner intended; while in other the human body does not accept the implant and attempts to expel the foreign object from the body. Vaginal mesh implants produced by the manufacturing giant Bard that have been associated with Vaginal Mesh medical implants include, Avaulta Plus, Avaulta Solo, and Avaulta Biosynthetic. According to warning issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), surgical mesh complications from the implantation of Avaulta mesh include
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Perforation of the Vaginal Wall
- Vaginal Mesh Erosion
- Stress Urinary incontinence
- Erosion of the vaginal lining
- Severe pain including pain during sexual intercourse
- Scarring of the vaginal canal
- Ulceration of the vaginal mucosa
- Painful Urination
- Nerve Damage
- Hardening and shrinkage of the mesh material
Filing a Lawsuit for your Vaginal Mesh Injuries:Personal injury lawsuits for severe medical complications from the implantation of medical devices fall within a product liability claim. Generally there are three distinct causes of action which may be filed against manufacturers of defective products:
- Defect in the design of the medical implant: This claim can be supported by showing evidence that the manufacturers had pre-warned knowledge another design which was less dangerous to the consumer at the time of production.
- Defect in the manufacturing process: Under this cause of action a plaintiff attorney will need to show evidence of a marked difference between the original design of the product and the final manufactured and distributed product. Also one must prove that that manufactured item was more dangerous because of the difference.
- Defect in labeling: Also referred to as a failure to warn defect. A labeling defect takes place when the manufacturer failed to properly warn the consumer or the doctor who are inclined to use the product of the know risks associated with it use.
Finding an Attorney to Hear Your Story:Here at the Downtown LA Law Firm we have spoken to hundreds of woman who have suffered devastating injuries from Transvaginal Mesh implants. Our goal is to help you achieve the compensation you are entitled to including
- All medical costs associated with your vaginal mesh complications including cost of corrective surgery and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages and loss of income
- The pain and suffering you have had to endure
- Emotional trauma and mental anguish