The low testosterone therapy medication AndroGel gas been associated with severe medical side effects including heart attacks, pulmonary embolism, stroke, and cardiac arrest. Numerous victims of unsafe medications including testosterone replacement gels contact our law offices in search of legal help in protecting their right to compensation for their injuries. One of the most common and most important questions that are asked by individuals who speak with our attorneys is “what is the value of my case,” or, “how much do you think my case will settle for”.
Determining the Value of a Case
Every case is different comprising of a set of unique characteristics which play a significant role in any future settlement negotiations with pharmaceutical companies or jury verdicts. A brief description of important factors contributing to the value of a case AndroGel and other unsafe low testosterone therapy medications has been is provided below.
Get started today by calling (888) 649-7166.
Legal Assistance in Determining the Value of Your Case
Our law firm provides a free case evaluation to all clients who have suffered injuries due to a defective drug where a estimated determination on the value of your case based on its specific factors is provided. if you have any questions contact our law offices toll free (888) 649-7166.
Factors in Determining How Much Your AndroGel Case Settlement Will Be:
1. The Extent and Severity of the Harm Suffered: The most important factor in determining the value of a case is the severity and magnitude of the harm suffered. Individual who have use AnroGel may suffer debilitating harm including heart attacks, stroke, and pulmonary embolism.
2. The Cost of Future Medical and Rehabilitation Care in Treating Diagnosis Caused by the Use of the Unsafe Drug: In many cases individual who suffer from severe drug interactions or unsafe dugs suffer from debilitating conditions which can last years. Such individuals are entitled to compensation for any future medical, rehabilitation and nursing home care needs. In such case the age of the person becomes an important factor. For example a person who suffered a stroke at the age of 40 will likely need an addition a 40 years of rehabilitation needs; while a person at the age of 70 will need 10 years of such expenses.
3. Calculation of Economic Damages – Including Lost Wages and Loss of Future Earning Capacity: Loss of wags is calculated using past pay stubs and evidence of days in which the individual was not able to earn a living. Loss of future income due to a prolonged or permanent disability is established by a vocational expert.
4.Calclation of Non-Economic Damages – Including Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering also known as mental anguish caused by the use of an unsafe drug is recoverable in product liability cases. There are different ways in which pain and suffering can be calculated by juries.
- Per Diem: The amount of day an victims has and will continue to suffer physical pain and mental anguish due the use of a defective drug multiplied by a calculation of how much per day an individual suffering that type of harm should be compensated for.
- Amount of money a victims of such an injury would pay to have the pain and suffering experienced go away.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
5. Availability of Punitive Damages: Punitive damage are not designed to provide just compensation for victims; instead their purpose is to monetarily punish individuals and corporation who knew or should have known that their actions would likely cause severe harm to others but made the decision to continue with their actions.
More Information: If you wish to learn more about litigation against AndroGel and other low testosterone treatment medications feel free to contact our law office.
Further Information: Filing Deadline for AndroGel