Autism spectrum encompasses a whole range of developmental issues including diagnoses autism, mild to moderate Asperger Syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorder. During the past three decades the diagnoses of autism spectrum disorders have risen by 500%. In response pharmaceutical marketed preexisting medications developed for other health issues to doctors treating children with autism and autism spectrum issues.
Dangers of Risperdal for Use in Autism Patients
was originally developed by Johnson & Jonson as a medication for individuals who suffer from severe cases of schizophrenia. In order to increase the sale of its drug Johnson & Johnson instituted an off-label marketing campaign for Risperdal amongst medical doctors, psychiatrists and physicians treating patients with various behavioral and psychological issues including autism and related Aspergers syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS).
Dangerous Side Effects Autism Medication Risperdal
: Some of the most common side effects due to the use of Risperdal amongst individual diagnosed with autism include.
- The development of breast tissue during the taking of the drug.
- Lactation from the nipples.
- Increase in levels of prolactin (lactotrope).
- Sensitivity of the nipples.
- Significant Bone Loss.
- Pancreatitis and other Gastrointestinal issues.
Filing a Dangerous Drug Side Effect Lawsuit Against Johnson and Johnson:
Dangerous drug side effects litigation will most likely be based on showing the existence of a defect in the product. Generally there are three ways to prove the existence of a defect in a consumer product including pharmaceutical prescription medications.
1. Proving the existence of a defect tin the product emanating from a faulty design.
2. Defect in the product resulting of a flaw in the manufacturing process. Usually the implementation of more cost effective material resulting in the production and introduction into the marketplace of a drug that poses a greater danger to the public then the original design approved by the FDA.
3. Labeling defect or a failure to provide for proper warning labels.
Compensation Available for Your Injuries:
Children, adolescents and adult males who have take Risperdal due a diagnoses of autism, add, adhd, or other behavioral disorders and have subsequently developed serious side effects including the development of female like breast tissue are entitled to full and just compensation for all harms suffered. Types of compensation available can include
Punitive Damage Compensation and Risperdal Lawsuits
- Al medical and heath related costs including cosmetic surgery for the removal of the breast tissue.
- All mental health care resulting from the use of the defective medication.
- Pain and suffering compensation – children often suffer humiliation taunting and bullying due to the development of female like breast tissue.
: Punitive damages are often awarded to victims of defective and dangerous medications when the manufacturers fail to properly warn of all dangers associated with their use.
Our law firm is dedicated to providing effective legal representation for individuals who have suffered harm due to the negligent or intentional acts of large pharmaceutical manufacturers including Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiaries. If your child has been diagnosed with gynecomastia due to the taking of autism medication contact our la
Free Legal Consultations
: All confidential case review and legal consultations regarding your case is provided by our attorneys free of charge. Feel free to contact our law offices toll free (855)385-2529.
Risperdal Class Action Claim Information
Risperdal Linked to Lactation in Males