- Traumatic brain injury – head injury including concussions
- Facial lacerations and fractures facial bones, teeth, and nose
- Spinal cord injury resulting in paralysis
- Whiplash and other types of severe neck injury
- Internal organ damage
- Cracked ribs and pelvis
- Torn ligament, keen injury and broken ankle
Get started today by calling (213) 389-3765.
Filing a Lawsuit Against Taxi Cap Company for Injuries SustainedTaxi cab companies in the state of California carry a minimum no fault auto insurance and passenger injury coverage. Meaning that a taxicab company can still be held responsible for providing an injured occupant with financial compensation for losses incurred from the accident even if the driver of the taxi was not at fault. Proving your case in the Court of Law: The vast majority of auto accident lawsuit are based on a negligence cause of action. There are several element which must be proven in a court of law on a negligence based auto accident lawsuit.
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff – As common carriers taxi cab operators owe the highest level of duty to passengers, pedestrian and other drivers on the road.
- The defendant failed to provide the level of care – Can be proven by showing reckless driving, distracted driving, driving while under the influence, failure to yield at a stop sign, or speeding while driving.
- The beach of the duty resulted in an accident.
- The plaintiff suffered injuries as a result of the accident.
Statute of Limitations for Filing an Accident Lawsuit in the State of CaliforniaA statute of limitations is the time period an injured individual has to file a civil lawsuit against an at fault party in the court of law. In the state of California personal injury claims including accident lawsuit against taxi cab drivers and operators must be filed within 2 years from the date of the accident. Victims Right to Settlement or Jury Verdict: In the State of California injured plaintiffs are entitled to full and just financial restitution for all economic and non-economic losses incurred. The value of a taxi cab accident case is dependent on several factors including…
- The severity of the injury – all medical and health related costs
- The impact on your daily life – pain and suffering compensation including emotional trauma and PTSD
- Lost wages and loss of future income caused by the accident