Taxi related accidents result in thousands of serious injuries and dozens of fatalities each year. Under California common law taxi cab operators and owners are regarded as common carriers; as such they owe their passengers and other motorists on the road the highest level of care.
About Our Law Firm
Our attorneys have litigated accidents involving taxi cab companies as other public transportation related accidents including bus accidents and MTA train collisions. We are proud of our dedication to providing legal representation to individuals who have sustained serious injuries in auto – taxi accidents across Orange County including Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Irvine, Huntington Beach, and Garden Grove.
Common Injuries Sustained By Passengers In Taxi Accidents
All too often passengers in public transportation vehicles including taxi cabs do not fasten their seatbelts. The failure to put on a seat belt as a backseat passenger substantially raised the risk of serious life threatening injuries and disabilities. Some of the most common injuries to passengers in taxicab accidents are as follows
- Traumatic brain injury – head injury including concussions
- Facial lacerations and fractures facial bones, teeth, and nose
- Spinal cord injury resulting in paralysis
- Whiplash and other types of severe neck injury
- Internal organ damage
- Cracked ribs and pelvis
- Torn ligament, keen injury and broken ankle
Get started today by calling (855) 339-8879.
Filing a Lawsuit Against Taxi Cap Company for Injuries Sustained
Taxi cab companies in the state of California carry a minimum no fault auto insurance and passenger injury coverage. Meaning that a taxicab company can still be held responsible for providing an injured occupant with financial compensation for losses incurred from the accident even if the driver of the taxi was not at fault. Proving your case in the Court of Law: The vast majority of auto accident lawsuit are based on a negligence cause of action. There are several element which must be proven in a court of law on a negligence based auto accident lawsuit.
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff – As common carriers taxi cab operators owe the highest level of duty to passengers, pedestrian and other drivers on the road.
- The defendant failed to provide the level of care – Can be proven by showing reckless driving, distracted driving, driving while under the influence, failure to yield at a stop sign, or speeding while driving.
- The beach of the duty resulted in an accident.
- The plaintiff suffered injuries as a result of the accident.
Statute of Limitations for Filing an Accident Lawsuit in the State of California
A statute of limitations is the time period an injured individual has to file a civil lawsuit against an at fault party in the court of law. In the state of California personal injury claims including accident lawsuit against taxi cab drivers and operators must be filed within 2 years from the date of the accident.
Victims Right to Settlement or Jury Verdict
In the State of California injured plaintiffs are entitled to full and just financial restitution for all economic and non-economic losses incurred. The value of a taxi cab accident case is dependent on several factors including…
- The severity of the injury – all medical and health related costs
- The impact on your daily life – pain and suffering compensation including emotional trauma and PTSD
- Lost wages and loss of future income caused by the accident
Note: Failure to file a claim in time can eliminated a victims right to recovery in the court of law.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (855) 339-8879 today.
Legal Assistance: To schedule a free no cost case review form one of our attorneys contact our law offices toll free at (855) 339-8879.
Further Information: Rear End Taxi Cab Accidents Common Carrier Laws