Taxi cabs are a somewhat convenient method of travel, but what happens when they are involved in an accident? Many times, almost immediately after your accident you will be contacted by the taxi cabs insurance company. They will request a statement from you with regards to your injuries and the incident. Comments made to them will be used in some manner to minimize or limit your recovery. It is important to know your rights after a taxi cab accident. Passengers have special rights with regards to taxi cab accidents. It is important to know your rights before making any statements.
Passenger Rights After a Taxi Cab AccidentPassengers in a cab are considered negligent free. As a result they are entitled to recovery for any injuries sustained from the negligence of the cab company. However, many times insurance companies representing cab companies will work to deny your claim. Common questions asked by insurance companies, after a cab accident include:
- Were you wearing a seat-belt at the time of the accident?
- How fast was the cab going?
- When did the accident happen?
- Where did the accident happen?
- Who was at fault in the accident – the taxicab driver or another motorist?
- What typed of injuries did you suffer?