We understand this can be a sensitive subject for many; one where many individuals do not want to think about. However injuries to the male reproductive system are more prevalent that many believe. According to a recent article by the Journal of Urology approximately 140,000 men went to the emergency room because of blunt trauma to their reproductive system including the genitals, penis, and urinary tract system between 2002 and 2010. This amounts to more than 16,000 injuries each year.
Common Causes of Penile and Genital Injuries:
Injuries Causes by Defective Sporting Equipment: A large percentage of penile and genital crush injuries are caused by defective sporting equipment. Essentially there are three distinct causes of action available for victims of serious injuries due to a defective product.
- Defect in the products initial design
- Defect in the manufacturing process
- Labeling defect – otherwise referred to failure to properly warn of common dangers associated with the product use.
Learn more about your legal options: call (855) 339-8879 to speak with a representative now.
What forms of Compensation Available to Victims:
Under common law victims of personal injury are entitled to full and just recovery for all the losses they have suffered including
- All medical and health related expenses.
- All future medical and rehabilitation costs.
- Pain and Suffering arising from the injury including mental anguish.
- Lost wages and loss of future income.
- Punitive damage – where a defendant displayed an intent to harm or showed a reckless disregard for the health and safety of others.
– Botched Hemorrhoid Surgery
– Botched Circumcision Surgery
– Botched Gallbladder Surgery
– Botched Epidural Injection
– Botched Plastic Surgery
– Botched Hip Replacement Surgery
– Laparoscopy Surgery Injury Attorney
– Botched Bris Attorney
– Botched C-Section surgery
Loss of Consortium
Loss of consortium is a personal injury cause of action filed by the companion of a victim of penile injuries. Loss of consortium may include the loss of companionship, sexual relations due to sexual dysfunction from the penile of genital injury (ie. conjugal relationships) and service between a wife and husband. Is such instances a wife or husband may be able to recover damages against third party defendants.
The Downtown LA Law Firm is committed to ensuring that our clients receive the compensation they deserve so they can fully recover. To speak with a Personal Injury Attorney regarding your case contact our law offices toll free (855) 339-8879. All consultations are free of charge and completely confidential.