According to the Food and Drug Administration and based on several studies conducted by scientific based research institutions the use of certain Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHA) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) medications including Risperdal
can result in significant male breast tissue growth gynecomastia.
Our law firm is currently investigating a potential for class action lawsuits and or single party drug defect claims against the Johnson and Johnson for the manufacturing marketing and distribution of anti-psychotic medication known to result in breast tissue enlargement
Link Established Between Risperdal and Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia is the abnormal growth and enlargement of breast tissue in males. In some instanced individuals who develop breast tissue growth also suffer lactation and the production and secretion of milk.Despite numerous studies and FDA warnings the manufacturers of risperdal increasingly marketed the drug to individuals suffering a host of other psychological issues including attention deficit disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. According to evidence presented at a trial involving manufacturers and marketers of Risperdal, “repeatedly disregarded agency admonition to mot market Risperdal beyond its initial approved use for psychotic disorders including schizophrenia.”
Filing a Product Liability Lawsuit – Wining Your Case in the Court of Law
Drug side effect lawsuits are based on proving one of three distinct product liability bases causes of action.
1. Cause of action based on defect in the original design of the product.
2. Cause of action based on defect in the manufacturing process of the pharmaceutical medication .
3. Defect in labeling – failure to properly warn individual consumers of the dangers associated the use of the drug.
Joining a Class Action Lawsuit
Class action lawsuits take place where there are a large number of individual victims claims against one liable manufacturer. Class action lawsuits require certification by the court where the case is to take place. Certification is based on the showing of several factors present in the claim at hand. Those elements include
- Showing the presence of a significant number of victims.
- Common issue of fact of law against the at fault party.
- The claim of the class representative is neatly identical to those of other claimants.
- The class representative is able to adequately represent all other plaintiff who join the class action.
Class action lawsuit jury awards and settlements are compensated on an equal basis amongst all class members.
Types of Compensation Available for Victims ADD and ADHAD Medication
: Victims defective drugs side effects resulting in male breast tissue growth are entitled to all economic and non-economic damages sustained. The estimated settlement or jury award value of a case involving Risperdal and male tissue growth is dependent on several factors. Some of the most important factors in determining a case value are as follows
- Present and future health and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering including emotional distress, depression, anxiety disorders, and PTSD
- Los wages and or a loss of future income due to inability to work in an intended field
- Punitive damages – punitive damages can be awarded when a pharmaceutical drug manufacturers failed to properly warn consumers of known or knowable dangers associated with the use of their products.
: If you have any further legal question regarding your claim feel free to contact our low offices toll free (855)385-2529. All legal consultations regarding claims against drug manufacturers are provided free of charge and are completely confidential.
Class Action Lawsuits Agaisnt Risperdal
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Risperdal Lawsuit