Uber Driver Injury Protection Plan
Uber Drivers and Possible InjuriesWithout a doubt, it has become common to hear of Uber accidents. Like any other auto accidents, Uber accidents can occur at any time and at any place. Most Uber accidents result from the negligent drivers of a driver-whether it is the Uber driver or another driver unaffiliated with Uber. Some examples of negligent actions that could lead to Uber accidents include the following: ignoring traffic laws, driving under the influence, and being generally reckless, for example. Although Uber accidents are likely to cause driver injuries, they are not the only possible cause of injuries. Uber drivers are known to often help their passengers load and unload personal items. This is specifically the case for Uber rides into and out of the airport. Consider the following example: an Uber driver picks up a passenger at the airport. The passenger needs some assistance with the luggage. The Uber driver loads the luggage into the trunk. When it’s time to drop off the passenger, the Uber driver helps the passenger with the luggage again. However, there is a slippery area around the car-as the Uber driver is carrying the luggage to place it on the curb, the driver slips and falls. Regardless of how the Uber driver was involved in an incident, it is likely that he or she suffered some sort of injuries. Common injuries include the following: head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, back injuries, neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, broken bones, sprains, and lacerations, for example.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (855) 339-8879 today.Should I get Uber Driver Injury Protection? How could you benefit from Uber Injury Protection if you suffer an injury while driving for Uber? If you are unsure of whether you could benefit from this program, you must discuss your concerns with an expert as soon as possible.
Uber Driver Injury Protection – How Does it Work?The Driver Injury Protection Insurance is made available to Uber drivers as an optional insurance program similar to the generic workers’ compensation programs that apply to nearly all traditional employees. How much does this program cost? The Uber Driver Injury Protection program is available at a low cost of only $0.0375 per mile driven with Uber. What types of injuries are covered by Uber Injury Protection? The injuries that are covered by Uber Injury Protection were briefly mentioned above. In general, any injury that the driver suffers while active on the Uber platform could be covered by the protection program. It is vital to highlight that the program only offers coverage when the harm suffered occurred when the driver is active with Uber-either logged in and waiting for a ride or on a ride with the passenger. Coverage applies any time that the Uber driver is online.
What is Covered under the Protection Program?The benefits covered by Uber Injury Protection cover a wide spectrum. Coverage includes medical bills, disability, death, survivor benefits, and dismemberment. The different benefits offered by the Driver injury Protection program are outlined below:
- Medical Expenses – the program covers up to $1,000,000 in medical expenses (hospital stays, prescriptions, lab tests, at-home medical care, etc).
- Temporary Total Disability – the program covers up to $500 a week for temporary disability. This benefit could apply for a maximum of 2 years.
- Continuous Total Disability – the program covers up to $500 a week for a maximum of 5 years (or until age 70, whichever is sooner) after the initial 2-year coverage of temporary disability.
- Accidental Death – the program covers compensation of up to $50,000 for accidental death.
- Survivor Benefits – the program covers a maximum of $150,000 at up to $1,500 per month for surviving children and spouses.
- Dismemberment – the program covers a maximum of $200,000 at up to $2,000 per month for dismemberment.
Is the Program Worth Your Money?At only $0.0375 per mile, the coverage might seem like a steal. However, you might have doubts. Is it worth it to get Uber Driver Injury protection? Whether the program is worth the cost to you and your family might depend on the total hours that you dedicate to working with Uber. For instance, if you work full-time driving for Uber, you have a significantly greater risk of suffering an injury compared to someone who only drives for Uber less than 10 hours a week. Ultimately, the choice is yours-as it is an optional program.
Call (855) 339-8879 to schedule a free legal consultation.Consider the following pros and cons of Uber Driver Injury Protection.
- The program comes at a low-cost compared to similar programs provided by outside companies.
- There are no deductibles.
- You will have a source of income if you become temporarily or permanently disabled.
- You will not have to worry about expensive medical bills.
- Your family will receive benefits if you lose your life.
- It applies to any injuries suffered while active on the Uber platform, including auto accidents and other incidents.
- Your injuries will only be covered if you are active on the Uber app.
- There are strict maximum amounts that apply to benefits.
- You will see a deduction for the program in every paycheck.
- Your benefits are subject to approval.
Filing a ClaimCan I file a work injury claim with Uber Injury Protection? Yes, you can file an injury claim with Uber Injury Protection. Where do I file a disability claim with Uber Driver Injury Protection? How do I file an injury claim with Uber Injury Protection? How can I file a claim with Uber Driver Injury Protection? You can file a claim with Uber Driver Injury Protection by opening your Uber application on your mobile device and reporting your injuries to Uber. An Uber representative will contact you for more details prior to processing your claim. As briefly mentioned under the Cons section above, your benefits are subject to approval. Although you would have the right to file a claim under the Injury Protection program, your claim would have to be approved before you could receive any benefits. Unfortunately, it is possible for your claim to be denied. If your claim is unjustly denied or if your claim is approved but your benefits are unreasonably low, you might need to pursue a claim against Uber and their Driver Injury Protection program.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
Downtown L.A. Law GroupAt Downtown L.A. Law Group, our attorneys understand the extent of harm that could be suffered after auto accidents-especially if your work involves driving an auto. Our firm also acknowledges the effect that work injuries could have on victims and their families. If you encountered difficulties with a Driver Injury Protection program claim, you must seek legal assistance as soon as possible. The knowledgeable attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group are ready to represent you and provide you with all the information that you need to pursue a successful claim against Uber’s protection program. When you contact our firm, you could benefit from our free consultations and free second opinions-available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee. Based on our contingency structure, you do not pay unless you win; contact our law firm today.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Uber Accidents
– Lawyers for Second Opinion on Your Uber Accident Case
– Ultimate guide to Uber Fair and Mave
– Lawyers for Second Opinion for Your Lyft Accident Case
– Uber Driver Injury Protection Plan
– What to do After a Lyft Accident?
– Uber/Lyft Accident: Steps to Take as a Passenger
– Uber Lyft sexual assault attorney
– Uber Insurance – Top things you must know Uber Deductions
– UBER deactivated my account after an accident
– UBER sudden stop accidents
Free Case Review 24/7