Common Personal Injury LawsuitsA personal injury lawsuit can be filed as a result of someone else’s negligent action. You must sustain some kind of physical injury in the accident and you must have been owed a duty of care. Our attorneys have handled various types of personal injury lawsuits throughout the years, and we consider ourselves experts with settlements and results to back our claims up. Some of the personal injury claims that are usually filed include:
- Car accidents
- Product liability cases
- Slip and fall
- Bed bug infestations
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Dangerous drugs
- Assault and battery
- Dog bites
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.If you were hurt, you should seek fair compensation to cover the expenses from the incident. The incident could have been quite severe and resulted in numerous losses, or it could have been minor that caused you to just get medical treatment for a day. No matter what the circumstance, though, you are owed compensation, and our Tustin personal injury attorneys can assist you in acquiring it.
What To Do After An IncidentYou should make sure that you complete the following steps after an incident. Not every step will be taken, as some situations do not warrant them, but if you have the opportunity to follow a step, you should do so. You will be in good shape to file a lawsuit if you adhere to this procedure.
- Go to the doctor
- Keep medical notes
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Take photos of the scene of the incident and the environment
- Hold on to credit card statements, bank statements, receipts, proof of purchases, and more
- Get a copy of the police report
- Interview eyewitnesses for statements and testimonies
- File an incident report with the business
- Do not return the product
- Collect the insurance information and contact details of the responsible party
- Contact a qualified Tustin personal injury attorney
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.
Compensation from a Personal Injury ClaimA personal injury claim can result in total coverage for your damages and losses. You should not be expected to pay for the various debts and expenses that resulted from the incident; the party that was responsible for the injuries should also be held financially accountable. Our Tustin personal injury lawyers will make sure that you are paid what you are owed. You’ll be able to earn the following:
- Coverage for medical bills from the past and for future treatments and procedures that you may require if your injuries are long-lasting or particularly severe
- Reimbursement of damaged or lost property, broken belongings, replacement furniture, and more
- Payment for missed income or wages due to time spent injured, as well as future coverage for income you will miss due to additional treatments and recovery time
- Disability pay
- Expenses for pain and suffering damages, or emotional trauma, PTSD, anxiety, fear, and more
- Extermination fees, secondary costs, hotel fees, transportation expenses, and other types of costs stemming from the incident
Value of Your ClaimThe value of your claim will be determined by the insurance agent handling the case. He will consider how severe your injuries were and how much of an impact they had on your life and career. If you were unable to return to work or if you needed to change your daily routine, you would likely have a more worthwhile claim in his eyes. Additionally, if you were of a certain age and held a certain position, your damages could be worth more. One of the key points that the insurance agent will consider is how negligent you were in the incident. If it can be shown that you were somewhat responsible for the incident, whether by placing yourself in danger or contributing to the accident, you could receive much less compensation. There is no calculator that will allow you to plug your damages in and have a round number computed. Each claim is different, and the circumstances of two cases may be extremely similar yet result in wildly different offers. After the insurance agent has considered the value of your claim, he will make an offer. It will then be up to our personal injury lawyers in Tustin to counter it and negotiate a fairer deal. We won’t stop negotiating until we feel that the offer is worthwhile.
Call (213) 389-3765 to schedule a free legal consultation.