The Cosmetic industry is a multi-billion dollar business generating hundreds of millions of dollars every year for makeup brands such as Proctor and Gamble, L’Oreal, Unilever, Avon, Estee Lauder, Johnson and Johnson, LVHM, Chanel, and Limited Brands. Most of the products created by cosmetic companies are safe; however in some instances cosmetic companies manufacture and sell cosmetics which can pose a danger to many users. If you have suffered injuries resulting from the use of recalled makeup cosmetics
such as facial creams, lipstick, eyeliner, or hair care products you may be able to you may be able to receive compensation from cosmetic manufactures and distributors including local pharmacies, department stores and online retailers. Individuals and companies may be held liable under Defective Product Strict Liability Laws
for certain products the result in harm to others.
Common injuries resulting from dangerous cosmetic products:
The most frequent injuries cause by defective makeup products are as follows:
If you are suffering from a dangerous condition due to the use of a dangerous cosmetic line Contact the Downtown LA Law Group for free no cost consultation with one of our Product Defect Attorneys. (855) 385-2529
- Loss of Sight -Eye injuries: leading to partial or complete blindness
- Facial Disfigurements
- Loss of hearing
- Skin Burns
- Permanent Skin Disease
- Increased risk of cancer
- Permanent Hair Loss
- Bacterial Infections from sharing makeup at department stores
- Scalp Irritations
- Damage to the lung via inhaling aerosol sprays and powders
- Child birth defects due to hazardous material used in the manufacturing of cosmetics
California and Federal Laws Regulation of Unsafe Cosmetic Products in the United States:
There are several California State and Federal Laws regulating the manufacturing, distribution, and sale of unsafe and defective cosmetic products. Some of the regulations are as follows:
Cosmetic defect injury Facts and figures:
- The Food and Drug Administration prohibits the marketing of adulterated or misbranded cosmetics. Improperly labeled or deceptively packaged products are considered misbranded and subject to regulatory action.
- California Cosmetics Act of 2005. The bill, commencing January 1, 2007, would require the manufacturer of any cosmetic product subject to regulation by the federal Food and Drug Administration that is sold in the state.
- California Cosmetics Act of 2005 authorizes the state to conduct an investigation of cosmetic products that contain chemicals identified as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity or other ingredients of concern to the division
California Product Liability Laws
- According to the FDA only three percent of all cosmetic products have reports sent to the FDA regarding injuries to consumer.
- Only 40% of all manufacturers of cosmetic products are registered with the FDA
- An estimated 35,000 to 40,000 cosmetic related injuries are reported every year
- Close to 1,000 dangerous chemicals have been found in cosmetic products sold in the United States
- In 2012 380 of the most popular brand of lipsticks were found to contain hazardous levels of lead.
Defective products are a sub-topic of an area in law which is called product liability. A product liability claim
can be issued against the manufacturer if you see that their product falls under one of the general kinds of defective products
Expert Defective Product Litigation
- inherently harmful by itself or
- made harmful due to production mishaps
: There is a need to comprehensively know the complexities of proving the claim, as well as learning all about the pool of defendants that can be used by the manufacturer against you. If you’re not well prepared, those who are responsible for the unfortunate mishap can even be completely waived form any faulty product liability for your claim.
Trusted Personal Injury Attorneys with Expert Knowledge in Product Liability Laws:
The Downtown LA Law Group is here to help. With the assistance of our experienced lawyers
, you can lead the claim to a successful conclusion. With the expert law services provided by Downtown LA Law, you’ll be able to recover quickly and financially from that disastrous accident caused by a defective product.
Call Downtown LA Law today, so that we can answer your questions and discuss your claim in detail. We’ll make sure that proper legal action will be taken on your behalf. (855) 339-8879