About Heating PadsHeating pads are used for a number of reasons. Many people use heating pads to stay warm during harsh winters. Many establishments, such as hospitals, use heating pads to keep their patients warm. Although heating pads can be very convenient, they could result in burns – specifically, second-degree burns. If you suffered second-degree burns because of a heating pad, it is essential that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible. You might have grounds to pursue a claim against the party liable for your injuries.
Liability for Burns Caused by Heating PadsWho is liable for the burn injuries that you suffered due to a heating pad? The answer to this question depends on a few details of your claim. Consider the following scenarios:
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
- You suffer a heating pad injury in your own home because the heating pad malfunctioned. You purchased a heating pad to keep you comfortable during the cold months. You have previously used heating pads successfully; you trust that you will not encounter any issues with your new heating pad. You usually set the heating pad to a comfortable temperature, knowing that the automatic shut-off will turn the heating pad off. You go to sleep. When you wake up, you are in a lot of pain; your bed sheets are in flames. The heating pad malfunctioned and failed to shut off – making your sheets catch on fire and cause a number of burns all over your body.
- You suffer a heating pad injury while staying in a hospital because the hospital staff failed to remove the heating pad. You had to spend some time at the hospital due to a scheduled surgery. You are required to spend a few days in observation. Since the hospital is very cold, a nurse offers a heating pad to make you more comfortable. Because of the surgery and the anesthesia that you were administered, you have been experiencing a loss of feeling all over your body. After many hours with the heating pad, a nurse comes to check on you and realizes that the heating pad has caused burns.
Could You Sue and Receive Compensation?Do you have the right to sue and receive compensation? If the burn injuries that you suffered occurred because of the negligent actions of a party or an establishment, you will likely have grounds to sue and receive compensation. What type of compensation is available for recovery after being harmed by a heating pad? It is normal to have many questions regarding the specific compensation that you might be eligible to receive; however, these questions should generally be reserved for your lawyer – as the details of your claim directly affect the compensation that you could receive. Consider some of the common types of compensation available for personal injury claimants:
- Medical expenses: for the costs associated with medical care and treatment for the harm suffered as a direct result of the heating pad injury.
- Lost income: for the income lost directly due to the burn injury suffered because of the heading pad incident.
- Pain and suffering: for the mental and emotional distress caused by the harm that you suffered.
- Loss of consortium: for the family’s lost ability to have a normal relationship with the victim because of the heating pad injury.
- Property damage: for the loss of any personal property associated with the heating pad incident.
- Punitive damages: for punishment to the defendant.
Call (213) 389-3765 to schedule a free legal consultation.
Understanding the Timeline for Your ClaimWithout a doubt, you could file a lawsuit, and you could even receive compensation. However, it is possible to lose this right if you fail to act appropriately – specifically, you could lose the right to sue and receive compensation if you fail to file your claim on time. All personal injury claims, such as heating pad burn injury claims, are subject to a statute of limitations. In general, personal injury claims in California are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. Therefore, claimants will only have two years to file their claims and begin the legal process. What happens if the claimant doesn’t file his or her claim before the statute of limitation is concluded? Unfortunately, the claimant will lose the right to sue – leaving him or her ineligible to recover the compensation to which he or she is entitled. As mentioned above, personal injury claims are generally subjected to a 2-year timeline. However, there are many details that could lengthen or shorten the amount of time that you have to sue. Because of that, it is essential that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible and discuss the timelines that might apply to your claim.
Contact Downtown L.A. Law Group TodayDid you suffer a second-degree burn because of a heating pad? Heating pads are used in many ways; unfortunately, heating pad burn injuries are common. If you suffered burn injuries as a result of an incident with a heating pad, it is essential that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible – as you might have grounds to file a claim and receive compensation for the harm that you suffered. If you would like to learn more about your right to take action against the party liable for the burn injuries that you suffered, do not hesitate to contact the experts at Downtown L.A. Law Group. Downtown L.A. Law Group is a personal injury law firm with many years of experience handling personal injury claims and helping victims to recover the compensation that they deserve. If you would like to discuss your burn injury claim with our attorneys, do not hesitate to contact our law firm and request to meet with our lawyers today. When you contact our law firm, you will find that we offer both free consultations and free second opinions. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our burn injury attorneys will be available to provide you with all the information that you need to pursue your burn injury claim against the party that caused your injuries. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our experts will answer all your questions, address all your concerns, and provide you with the necessary guidance to start or continue your claim. At our law firm, we are aware that incompetent attorneys can negatively affect your claim; because of that, our lawyers are focused on evaluating your claim and helping you redirect your claim towards a successful outcome. Whether you are interested in scheduling a free consultation or a free second opinion, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Call (213) 389-3765 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.Downtown L.A. Law Group makes the free legal services mentioned above available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee, which ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees for any of our legal services. Our law firm is also strictly based on contingency. What does this mean? Our contingency structure ensures that our clients will not be required to pay any legal fees until their claims reach successful outcomes. If you are ready to discuss your burn injury claim with our experts on heating pad incidents, do not hesitate to contact our law firm today to meet with our lawyers.