At approximately noon on Wednesday, July 25, 2018, a Temecula man ignited multiple fires in Riverside County.
The arson has grown into a 4,700-acre wildfire that continues to burn ceaselessly against the firefighting efforts. The fire has destroyed wildlife, homes, and has resulted in evacuation orders. Fortunately, there have been no human lives lost as a result of the devastating Cranston Fire
. However, considering that the fire is not contained, the possibility of unimaginable damages continues to be present.
As the fire continues to burn, concerned members of the affected communities continue to worry about how they will be affected by the fire and the fire’s aftermath. Have you been affected by the Cranston Fire? If you are a resident in Hemet, Beaumont, Banning, Menifee, Valle Vista, Palm Springs, Moreno Valley, Idyllwild, or any other California city affected by the Cranston fire and the ash created by the fire, you might have grounds to file a claim and receive compensation.
If you would like to learn more about the possibility of filing a fire and ash claim for the Cranston Fire
, you must contact the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group as soon as possible. Downtown LA Law Group is a personal injury law firm dedicated to fighting for the rights of all parties injured as a result of the negligent or reckless actions of other parties. A 4,700-acre fire, such as the Cranston Fire, can have devastating consequences on both your property and
your health. If you have been affected by the Cranston Fire, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
How the Cranston Fire could affect You and Your Family
When you think of the damages caused by a fire, you probably immediately think of homes being burned down to the ground. However, in addition to property damage, fires can cause much more devastation. Some of the most common harm caused by fires, such as the Cranston fire, is listed before:
- Property damage: the most obvious effect of a fire is property damage. Whether your house is burned down or only partially damaged, it is likely that it is inhabitable—at least for some time. Besides having to face repair costs, you and your family will likely have to face additional living costs wherever you choose to stay (be it a hotel, motel, or rental home). In addition to burning, your home could also be affected by ash. After major fires, such as the Cranston fire, your home, your vehicle, and other property could be affected by the ash left behind by the fire.
- Burn injuries: you and your family could also be harmed by burns. The types of burns that could be sustained vary based on a degree. For example, first-degree burns are equivalent to sunburns, leading to redness and minor pain. The severity of the burn increases as the degree increases. In addition to first-degree burns, victims could suffer second-degree burns, third-degree burns, and fourth-degree burns, for insurance.
- Respiratory injuries: the victims affected by fires could also experience a series of respiratory injuries after breathing oxygen-depleted air, hot gases, and harmful smoke. You could suffer permanent tissue scarring as a result of inhaling harmful substances during and after a fire. Inhaling ash can also cause respiratory issues. Smoke, for example, contains ash that can cause permanent respiratory issues if inhaled. Since ash is likely to cover the area affected by the fire for a long time, you and your family could be affected by the long-term exposure to ash.
- Emotional distress: without a doubt, seeing the place you call home engulfed in flames can cause both mental and emotional distress. Major wildfires can harm both adults and children equally.
If you and your family were affected by the Cranston wildfire in any of the ways listed above, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible. Our experienced fire and ash attorneys will guide you through the process of fighting for the compensation that you deserve.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
Fires and Insurance Companies
After being harmed by a fire, you might be interested in whether your insurance company could help you overcome this difficult time. In many cases, the parties affected by fires can find living-accommodations through their insurance companies. After you report the fire and the damage to your insurance company, an insurance representative is often quick to arrive at the scene to begin the investigation process. However, many victims of fires find that their fire insurance policies deny their claims after the investigation
. Many fire insurance policies exclude coverage for arson. This information could be exceptionally stressful for all parties affected. Could you take action even if your insurance company is unwilling to approve your claim? Yes; you could. You must contact the attorneys at Downtown LA Law Firm to learn more about how you could take legal action after the Cranston fire.
Filing a Claim
Could you file a claim? As previously mentioned, the Cranston fire is believed to have been intentionally started by a Temecula man who is currently under arrest. Because the suspect intentionally started the fire, he could be held accountable for all the damages resulting from the fire. Anytime a fire is started by human error or negligent actions, you have the right to sue.
What should you do to ensure that you can file a claim? Once the fire is out and it is safe to return to your home, you must do all of the following:
- Take pictures of the damage to your property.
- Take pictures of any injuries you sustained.
- Keep track of all your medical records after the fire.
- Report the damage to your insurance company.
- Contact an attorney to file a claim against the arsonist.
If you would like more information about what you can do to file your fire and ash claim against the arsonist who started the Cranston fire, you must contact the fire and ash attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group as soon as possible. Our attorneys are ready to help you fight for your right to sue and be compensated for the harm caused by the fire.
The Compensation that You Could Recover
The Cranston fire will likely result in incalculable damages to all victims affected. The fire might have caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages to you and your family; therefore, you could be eligible to receive compensation. The type and amount of compensation that you can receive depend on the specific details of your claim; however, you could be eligible to recover some of the following categories of compensation:
- Medical expenses—if you acquired medical bills for burn injuries, respiratory injuries, or any other injuries caused by the fire, you could be compensated.
- Lost income—if you were unable to work or lost your ability to work because of the fire, you could be compensated.
- Property damage—if your property was damaged by the fire or by the ash, you could be compensated.
- Pain and suffering—if you suffered mental and emotional distress, such as fear, anxiety, or depression, for example, you could be compensated.
- Funeral and burial costs—if the fire resulted in the death of a member of your family, you could be compensated for the costs associated with the death.
- Loss of consortium—if the fire resulted in the loss of ability to have a normal, loving relationship with members of your family, you could be compensated.
- Punitive damages—in some cases, punitive damages could be awarded. Punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant in attempts to prevent a similar incident from reoccurring.
There are many categories of compensation available for recovery. However, there is no guarantee that you could recover every category of compensation listed above. The compensation that you can recover depends on the specific details of your claim; therefore, it is essential that you discuss the possible value of your fire and ash claim with our attorneys. The attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group know the extent of the harm you suffered because of the Cranston fire. Our attorneys are committed to helping you recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your fire and ash claim. Our fire and ash lawyers will aggressively fight for your right to sue and be compensated. If you would like to discuss the potential value of your claim with our attorneys, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Downtown LA Law Group—Fire and Ash Attorneys
If you would like to discuss your Cranston fire claim
with the fire and ash attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible. Our legal assistance is designed to be accessible to all parties affected by the Cranston fires or other similar wildfires. Therefore, our firm offers free consultations and free second opinions
. During our free consultations and free second opinions, the experienced attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group will be available to answer all your questions and address all your concerns regarding your rights after a wildfire sparked by arson. Our attorneys will provide you with all the information you need to file your claim after being affected by the Cranston fire. Have you already started your claim with an attorney at another law firm? Has your claim been misled by an incompetent attorney? If you were left with unanswered questions and more confusion than certainty, you can trust that the fire and ash attorneys at Downtown LA Law Group will redirect your claim towards a successful outcome. Whether you are in need of a free consultation or a free second opinion, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible.
These free legal services are available because of our Zero-Fee guarantee—a guarantee that ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees. Our firm is also based on contingency; therefore, you will not have to pay any expenses until your claim reaches a successful outcome
. You will never have to pay anything out of pocket, and you will not be required to pay anything if you do not win. Whether you were harmed in Hemet, Banning, Beaumont, Menifee, Valle Vista, Palm Springs, Idyllwild, or Moreno Valley, our attorneys could represent you. Do not hesitate to contact our law firm at your earliest convenience.
Don’t hesitate to call the Downtown LA Law Group at (888) 649-7166
today. We look forward to meeting you.