Smoke inhalation symptoms and medical complicationsSmoke inhalation can damage the body through lack of oxygen (asphyxiation) as well as chemical exposure present in the smoke. Symptoms vary based on the individual some of the most common symptoms of smoke inhalation are as follows
- Irritation if the mucous membrane
- Shortness of breath
- Shortness of Breath
- Skin Color changes
- Soot in the nostrils and throat
- Hoarseness when speaking
- Psychological Changes including mood changes
- Fatigues and seizures
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
Smoke inhalation can cause other syndromes associated with pulmonary lung disease including:
- Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS),
- Lung and Nerve damage from toxic smoke inhalation
- Reduction or Loss of Lung Capacity
- Fatalities due to Smoke Inhalation
Compensation for your burn injuries:When your smoke inhalation injuries were the result of negligence from a third party, you are entitled to file a lawsuit against them. If your lawsuit is successful, you can recover compensation for the following:
- Medical Bills – If your injuries required that you go seek medical treatment, the restitution you recover can take care of the medical associated with your smoke inhalation injuries. If your injuries are severe enough and you require any future procedures, the compensation will cover that as well.
- Lost Wages – If your injuries required you to miss work, compensation can include the wages you lost due to seeking medical treatment and recovery. The wages recovered from the lawsuit are at your normal hourly rate, not including overtime.
- Emotional Pain & Suffering – It is very likely that your smoke inhalation injuries came from a very traumatic event: escaping a burning building, a product that malfunctioned catastrophically, et cetera. Such traumatic events can trigger mental disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, sudden and reactive mood swings, and more. It is difficult to prove that one is suffering from mental disorders as the damage is not as visible as, say, full-body third-degree burns. An expert attorney, however, can provide the necessary evidence and experts to support and testify on your behalf.
- Medical costs resulting from hospital and emergency room care, physical therapy, ambulance costs and rehabilitation
- Future medical care
- Loss or income
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological damages
- Punitive damages where the property owners displayed reckless behavior or gross negligence
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
Burn Injury Smoke Inhalation Attorneys here to helpSmoke inhalation liability can be placed on, property owners, property managers, defective products, and others; at Downtown LA Law Group our aggressive and skilled burn injury lawyers will keep on the offensive so that you are fully compensated for your injuries. We will take care of every legal detail and we will go to trial and take on liable gun owners, property owners, and their insurance carriers’ so that your rights are protected. You WILL NOT Be Charged a penny UNTIL you receive compensation for your Injuries. This is called the zero-fee guarantee and is our law firm’s way of reassuring you that we are not in this for personal gain like many lawyers, we are in this business to ensure that justice is served. Additionally, we offer free legal consultation. You can contact one of our smoke inhalation attorneys and they will listen to you and give you their initial thoughts of your case, free of charge.
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.