Insulin pumps are medical devices used by individual with diabetes to administer insulin. In recent years many individuals have suffered serious medical complications from the use of defectively manufactured insulin pumps. In some instances medical device pumps including one manufactured by Animas Corporation (Part of Johnson & Johnson) or Medtronic, Inc. fail to administer the correct dosage levels resulting in dangerous medical issues including
- Dangerously low levels of blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Dangerously high levels of Blood Sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Overdoes of Insulin
Such medical issues can lead to life threatening injuries and death. If you or a loved one have experienced serious injuries resulting or a fatalities due to the use of recalled and defective insulin pumps contact our medical device product liability lawyers from the Downtown LA Law Group.
Proving a Defective Medical Device Case in Court – Insulin Pump Lawsuits: Generally there are two distinct causes of action a plaintiff can bring against a manufacturer of a defective medical device.
(1) Defect in the design of the insulin pump: usually proven by showing evidence of a failure to properly test the device for all potential hazards before its sale to the general public.
(2) Defect in the manufacturing process of the product: This can be proven in the court of law by various means including showing evidence of the use of less expensive material in the manufacturing process so as to reduce the overall cost of the manufacture good. In such cases a plaintiff attorney will have to prove that the product sold to the general public is markedly different and more dangerous than the intended original design. Other potential causes of action:
- Failure to warn the used of the insulin pump of the danger associated with the use of an insulin pump
- Breach of Warranty
Compensation for your Injuries – Can is Sue for Insulin Pump Injuries: The Downtown LA Law Firm is dedicated to perusing justice for individuals who have suffered serious injuries or fatalities form the use of an insulin pump you are entitled to compensation for all your losses including
- All medical and hospitalization costs
- All future medical and rehabilitation costs
- Loss of earnings and lost wages
- Pain and Suffering including emotional distress and mental trauma associated with such injuries
If you have any further questions regarding your legal rights contact a defective product attorney by calling (855) 339-8879 More Information: FDA Warning on the use of Insulin Pumps