Metro’s new rideshare service – Metro Micro – has caught a lot of people by surprise. They are offering short-distance rides throughout Los Angeles County with the goal of facilitating transportation and eliminating the need to transfer multiple times between different Metro bus and rail lines. Although the new rideshare service is definitely convenient, it also can present a major inconvenience – an increase in rideshare accidents.
As rideshare services become more common and more rideshare vehicles get on our roads, the number of rideshare-related accidents has steadily increased. If you or a member of your family suffered harm in a Metro Micro accident, you might have grounds to sue. You could be eligible to sue Metro and recover a significant payout for the harm that you suffered. For more information about the legal options available to you, contact us today.
Metro Micro Accident Injuries
Like any other auto accident, Metro Micro accidents can lead to a number of injuries. Some of the injuries that affected parties can potentially suffer include the following:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Hip injuries
- Knee injuries
- Severed limbs
- Puncture wounds
- Sprains and strains
- Scrapes and bruises
- Road rash
- Burn injuries
The specific type of injuries that victims could suffer will depend on the details surrounding the incident, such as the speed that the collision occurred, the type of vehicle involved, etc. In general, the more severe the crash, the more severe the injuries. Some injuries could be severe and require surgery and potentially result in lasting damage, while other injuries could be fatal.
Your Right to Sue and Recover Compensation
If you were injured in a Metro Micro accident, you could have grounds to file an injury lawsuit against Metro for the harm that you suffered. Of course, you will need the help of an experienced lawyer to help you file the government claim against Metro and go through the rest of the legal process. If your lawsuit is successful, you could ultimately recover compensation. Some of the types of compensation that you could potentially recover include the following:
- Medical costs – associated with all medical care stemming from the injurie suffered in the accident
- Lost income – for the earnings that you lost or are going to continue to lose because the accident left you unable to work either temporarily or permanently
- Pain and suffering – for the mental and emotional distress caused by the injuries and the accident
- Funeral and burial costs – for any costs associated with services required after death (reserved for wrongful death)
- Loss of consortium – for the lost ability to have a normal relationship with the victim (typically reserved for wrongful death but can apply to cases with disabling injuries)
- Property damage – for the cost associated with fixing or replacing personal property damaged in the accident
- Punitive damages – awarded as punishment towards the defendant usually when gross negligence applies to the case
- Legal fees – for all lawyer fees, cost of litigation, etc.
The type and amount of compensation that you could ultimately recover will always be based on the specific details surrounding your lawsuit. When you allow the experts at our firm to handle your Metro Micro lawsuit, you can trust that we will fight for your right to recover the highest settlement available.
What is the Average Value of Metro Accident Cases?
How much do these cases settle for? This is a very common question. Because Metro is involved, many people automatically assume that these cases are worth a lot. Although these cases can potentially be high value, the value of Metro accident cases are always strictly based on the details surrounding the incident and the lawsuit. Case values are determined on a case-to-case basis. Although it is possible for an average value to be determined, it is important to note that such average values can be misleading. Therefore, one should understand the different factors that can affect the value of a claim.
Some important factors to consider include the following:
- The severity of the injuries – the worse the injuries, the higher the value of the claim. This is because of the cost of medical care, including evaluations, treatment, follow-up care, long-term care, etc. Any injuries that require surgeries to treat will always be associated with a higher value. The severity of the injuries also affects the victim’s ability to work.
- The permanency of the injuries – injuries that result in permanent harm will typically be associated with higher values. This is due to increased medical care, more lost wages, and more mental/emotional anguish associated with the injury.
- The victim’s earning history – depending on the severity of the injuries, the victim could be unable to work temporarily or permanently. The victim’s past earnings are taken into consideration in order to calculate a value for lost earnings for the total time that the victim is unable to work.
- The mental and emotional impact that the injury/accident had on the victim – this refers to the victim developing and suffering depression, anxiety, fear, post-traumatic stress, etc. as a direct result of the accident and the injuries sustained.
- Whether the case settles or goes to trial – companies that are being sued often opt to settle out of court to avoid the high costs associated with going to trial. Some cases that go to trial and reach a verdict can be associated with a higher case value.
Of course, these are just some of the factors that can affect the value of a lawsuit. It takes an experienced injury attorney to be able to review the details surrounding a case and determine it’s potential value.
If you would still like to see an average value, or past values of cases similar to yours, it is important that you evaluate cases that are comparable to your own. A lawyer can help you with this as well.
Contact Our Lawyers with Experience in Rideshare Accident Claims Today
If you are ready to discuss the average value of Metro accident claims with a lawyer with experience in Metro accidents, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our law firm as soon as possible. Here at Downtown L.A. Law Group, our attorneys have decades of experience handling all sorts of personal injury claims. We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of our clients and getting them the best recovery available. We are not afraid to take Metro or any other government entity when it comes to fighting for the rights of our clients. If you are ready to discuss your legal options with our attorneys with experience in Metro accidents, do not hesitate to contact the experts at our law firm as soon as possible.
To facilitate the legal process, we offer free legal services. Our free legal services include free consultations and free second opinions. Our experts will be available to provide you with al the information that you might need to begin or continue your injury claim against Metro. Our firm offers a Zero-Fee guarantee, meaning that you will never be required to pay upfront costs for our legal services. In addition, we work on contingency; therefore, you will not be responsible for paying legal fees unless you win.
If you are ready to discuss the potential value of your Metro Micro accident lawsuit with the experts at our law firm, do not hesitate to contact us immediately. Our lawyers are ready to help you.