In California, the weather allows swimming almost year-round
. Swimming enthusiasts visit beaches, lakes, and pools to spend time swimming. Swimming, however, comes with certain risks. Even the best of swimmers can drown; poor swimmers are at higher risk of drowning. Because of this, lifeguards are essential anywhere that people swim
. Lifeguards are supposed to be vigilant, ready to spring into action when anyone is having difficulties in the water.
After getting distressed swimmers out of the water, lifeguards must perform CPR
. In many cases, CPR is successful and swimmers respond. Although it is possible for CPR to be unsuccessful, it is also possible for CPR to be done incorrectly
– resulting in more harm than good.
If you or a member of your family suffered any harm as a direct result of improper CPR, you might have grounds to pursue a claim and even fight for the right to recover compensation
. Your right to file a claim and recover any form of compensation will be based on whether the harm suffered could be directly attributed to the negligent actions of a party or entity.
If you would like to learn more about your right to file a claim for the harm resulting from improper CPR, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance
as soon as possible. You can trust the experts at Downtown L.A. Law Group
to handle your claim and provide you with all the guidance that you need to reach a successful claim outcome. At Downtown L.A. Law Group, our lawyers have many years of experience handling all sorts of claims, including claims arising from swimming incidents. At our firm, we are dedicated to providing all parties affected by any sort of personal injury with the legal representation and information necessary to effectively hold all liable parties accountable for their actions.
If you would like the experts at Downtown L.A. Law Group
to handle your claim, do not hesitate to contact our firm at your earliest convenience. Our lawyers are ready to help you recover the compensation that you deserve for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered.
The Consequences of Improper CPR
CPR is a very specific procedure. If done incorrectly, it could result in significant harm. Improper CPR could
, undoubtedly, result in death. However, even those who survive improper CPR that is negligently administered could suffer severe complications, which could include the following:
- Rib fractures and sternum fractures
- Punctured organs (due to fractured bones)
- Lung tissue damage
Regardless of the specific harm that you or a member of your family suffered due to improperly administered CPR, it is essential that you seek legal assistance immediately to explore the possibility of filing a claim.
Liability and Your Right to Pursue a Claim
Your right to pursue a claim is strictly based on liability
. You must be able to prove that a specific party or entity is liable for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered. Liability is based on negligence
, which consists of four elements – duty of care, breach of duty, cause, and harm. The first step in establishing liability is proving that specific duty owed you a duty of care; for example, lifeguards owe swimmers a duty of care (the duty to be vigilant and act promptly/diligently in the case of an emergency). The second step is establishing that the specific party failed to perform his or her duty of care – or breached the duty of care towards you. Lifeguards can breach their duty of care by performing improper CPR. The third step is establishing that the breach of duty caused harm. If the harm suffered can be directly connected to a breached duty of care, a party could be found liable – meaning that affected parties could pursue claims.
Who could be liable for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered? If improper CPR administered by a lifeguard resulted in harm
, multiple parties could be liable based on the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Consider the following points:
- If the incident involved an independent lifeguard, the lifeguard could be solely liable. Independent lifeguards are often hired for private events.
- If the incident involved a lifeguard hired through a private company, the private company could be liable. Lifeguard companies hire lifeguards and send them to perform specific tasks. These companies can fail to train lifeguards.
- If the incident involved a lifeguard working with the county fire department (or other county agency), the county agency could be liable. These agencies have the duty to ensure that their lifeguards are properly trained and competent. When lifeguards negligently administer improper CPR, these agencies can be liable.
For more information about liability for the harm
that you or a member of your family suffered and your right to pursue a claim, do not hesitate to contact our firm at your earliest convenience. Our lawyers will provide you with all the information that you need to take legal action for the harm that you or your family suffered due to improper CPR.
Your Right to Recover Compensation
If you pursue a claim and it reaches a successful outcome, you could recover some sort of compensation. The specific type and amount of compensation that you could be eligible to recover will always depend on the details of your claim, including but not limited to the type of injuries suffered, the way that your injuries affect different aspects of your life, and the expenses associated with the harm suffered, for example.
Without a doubt, every claim is different and will result in the recovery of different forms of compensation; however, the following categories of compensation are often available:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral/burial costs
- Punitive damages
There is no guarantee that you could be eligible to recover any of the compensation listed above; however, with the assistance of an experienced attorney, you could recover the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve. If you would like to learn more about the specific type and amount of monetary compensation that you could be eligible to receive if your claim is successful, do not hesitate to contact our experts at your earliest convenience.
The lawyers at our firm are ready to aggressively fight for your right to recover the compensation to which you are entitled. If you would like our lawyers to evaluate your claim, do not hesitate to contact our firm.
Your Claim is Subject to Deadlines
All personal injury claims are subject to strict deadlines
– statutes of limitations. A statute of limitations determines the specific length of time that claimants have to file their claims. Personal injury claims are typically subject to a two-year statute of limitations, at least in the state of California. This means that claimants only have two years to pursue their claims; if they do not file their claims within the appropriate timeline, they will lose their right to take any legal action. However, this statute of limitations could be irrelevant – especially if the case involves a government agency. If affected parties are filing against government agencies, claimants will only have 6 months to file their claims directly with the government agency; if their claim is denied, they will be subject to additional deadlines. Why is this important? Some lifeguards are part of the fire department; therefore, affected parties might find themselves suing the county fire department. Regardless, if you would like to learn more about the specific statute of limitations that might apply to your claim, do not hesitate to contact our law firm at your earliest convenience. Our lawyers will ensure that your claim is filed within the appropriate length of time so that you preserve your right to file a claim.
Contact Our Firm Today
Did you or a member of your family suffer injuries as a direct result of improper CPR? If so, you might have grounds to file a claim – you might be eligible to recover compensation. If you would like to learn more about your right to take legal action after suffering any sort of harm related to the improper administration of CPR, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our law firm at your earliest convenience.
Downtown L.A. Law Group
is a personal injury law firm with many years of experience handling all sorts of claims, including improper CPR claims. Our experts have the expertise necessary to evaluate your claim and provide you with guidance towards a successful outcome. At our firm, we are dedicated to ensuring that all parties have access to the representation they need – we are so dedicated to this that we offer free legal services.
Specifically, our firm offers both free consultations and free second opinions. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our lawyers will be available to answer all questions and address all concerns. It doesn’t matter whether you are beginning your claim or looking to continue your claim (after already starting your claim elsewhere), you can be certain that our experts will provide you with all the information that you need for your claim. To benefit from our free legal services, it is essential that you contact our law firm immediately.
Our free legal services are available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee. What does this mean for you and your claim? Because of our Zero-Fee guarantee, our clients will never be required to pay any upfront legal fees for any of our legal services. Our law firm is also based on a strict contingency structure – this means that our clients will never be required to pay anything until after reaching a successful claim outcome. If you do not win, you will not be required to pay anything.
If you are ready to allow the lawyers at Downtown L.A. Law Group
to handle your claim, do not hesitate to contact our firm
immediately. We want to help you and your family recover the compensation that you deserve.