The Services Offered by MavenMaven offers three different types of services – available by the hour, by the day, or by the week. To car owners, Maven provides an opportunity to earn income, while those who are in need of rental vehicles have easy access to the vehicles that they need. Maven’s three services consist of the following:
- Maven Car Sharing – members have access to thousands of rental cars available through the app. These cars are parked around your city, waiting to be rented and driven by you 24/7. You could rent them by the hour or by the day; it’s all up to you. These cars carry the latest technology, making your experience as enjoyable as possible. The cost of renting the car also applies to insurance coverage (with the exception of the deductable).
- Maven Gig – members have access to thousands of rental cars available through the app specifically for rideshare or delivery jobs. Maven Gig vehicles are available on a weekly basis, with no long-term commitment past seven days. The weekly rate for your Maven Gig rental includes maintenance, roadside assistance, charging (when the car is electric), unlimited mileage, and insurance (with the exception of the deductable).
- Peer-to-Peer Car Sharing – car owners have the opportunity to rent-out their cars whenever they are not using them, allowing them to earn income by renting their cars. This service is currently only available in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Denver, and Chicago.
Maven’s Eligibility RequirementsMaven has strict eligibility requirements. First and foremost, you should be aware that all interested parties must apply and be approved for membership. To apply, you must be at least 18 years old (this is different than traditional rental services with higher age requirements). You must also have a valid, U.S. driver’s license – your license cannot be revoked, suspended, or restricted in any way. You must read and accept the Member Agreement, the OnStar Terms & Conditions, and the General Motor’s Privacy Statement. As mentioned above, Maven has to approve all memberships – this means that they can also decline memberships and terminate memberships as well.
How It Works?As mentioned before, Maven is based on a mobile application. After you download the app (note: you will need to sign up and be approved as a member), you will have to do the following: enter your location; enter the date and time you would like to rent a car; search the cars near you; reserve your car. When it’s time to pick up your car, you simply go to the location and unlock the car with your phone (through the app). When you are ready to end the trip, you simply drive the car to the same location where you picked it up, end the trip, and lock the car; yes, this is all done through your phone.
Maven and Insurance CoverageWithout a doubt, all members might have questions and concerns regarding insurance coverage during their rental. Will Maven provide insurance? Will drivers need to carry their own insurance? Maven makes it clear that they provide insurance coverage to all their members. Although it is possible that their members’ personal insurance policy provides coverage during a rental, drivers can be certain that Maven will provide insurance coverage. Consider the following points:
- Maven members are covered with up to the minimum insurance requirements in the state in which the car is being rented.
- Maven members are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the deductible amount.
- Maven members will not be covered by Maven’s insurance policy if the accident was a direct result of his or her reckless or direct violation of Maven’s rules and conditions.
- Maven members will be liable for any and all damages if the accident resulted from a violation of the Member Agreement.
Call (213) 389-3765 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.