Have you ever heard of Maven? Maven is a car-share service that launched in 2016. Throughout the years, many car owners have made their vehicles available for rental through Maven. Likewise, many drivers have rented vehicles through Maven’s service. Maven is based on an app – which allows for flawless access to their car sharing service. Although Maven began as a personal-use car sharing service, it has recently expanded to commercial use. Owned by General Motors (GM), Maven seemed to be destined for greatness. Within just three years of launching, Maven has attracted more than 200,000 members in 24 cities around the world (including cities in Canada, Australia, and the U.S.). There are thousands of vehicles available through the Maven car-share service – making it simple for drivers to find rental cars and even simpler for car owners to make some cash.
The Services Offered by Maven
Maven offers three different types of services – available by the hour, by the day, or by the week. To car owners, Maven provides an opportunity to earn income, while those who are in need of rental vehicles have easy access to the vehicles that they need. Maven’s three services consist of the following:
- Maven Car Sharing – members have access to thousands of rental cars available through the app. These cars are parked around your city, waiting to be rented and driven by you 24/7. You could rent them by the hour or by the day; it’s all up to you. These cars carry the latest technology, making your experience as enjoyable as possible. The cost of renting the car also applies to insurance coverage (with the exception of the deductable).
- Maven Gig – members have access to thousands of rental cars available through the app specifically for rideshare or delivery jobs. Maven Gig vehicles are available on a weekly basis, with no long-term commitment past seven days. The weekly rate for your Maven Gig rental includes maintenance, roadside assistance, charging (when the car is electric), unlimited mileage, and insurance (with the exception of the deductable).
- Peer-to-Peer Car Sharing – car owners have the opportunity to rent-out their cars whenever they are not using them, allowing them to earn income by renting their cars. This service is currently only available in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Denver, and Chicago.
Maven’s Eligibility Requirements
Maven has strict eligibility requirements. First and foremost, you should be aware that all interested parties must apply and be approved for membership. To apply, you must be at least 18 years old (this is different than traditional rental services with higher age requirements). You must also have a valid, U.S. driver’s license – your license cannot be revoked, suspended, or restricted in any way. You must read and accept the Member Agreement, the OnStar Terms & Conditions, and the General Motor’s Privacy Statement. As mentioned above, Maven has to approve all memberships – this means that they can also decline memberships and terminate memberships as well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (855) 339-8879 today.
How It Works?
As mentioned before, Maven is based on a mobile application. After you download the app (note: you will need to sign up and be approved as a member), you will have to do the following: enter your location; enter the date and time you would like to rent a car; search the cars near you; reserve your car. When it’s time to pick up your car, you simply go to the location and unlock the car with your phone (through the app). When you are ready to end the trip, you simply drive the car to the same location where you picked it up, end the trip, and lock the car; yes, this is all done through your phone.
Maven and Insurance Coverage
Without a doubt, all members might have questions and concerns regarding insurance coverage during their rental. Will Maven provide insurance? Will drivers need to carry their own insurance? Maven makes it clear that they provide insurance coverage to all their members. Although it is possible that their members’ personal insurance policy provides coverage during a rental, drivers can be certain that Maven will provide insurance coverage. Consider the following points:
- Maven members are covered with up to the minimum insurance requirements in the state in which the car is being rented.
- Maven members are liable for damages to the vehicle up to the deductible amount.
- Maven members will not be covered by Maven’s insurance policy if the accident was a direct result of his or her reckless or direct violation of Maven’s rules and conditions.
- Maven members will be liable for any and all damages if the accident resulted from a violation of the Member Agreement.
Call (855) 339-8879 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.
Potential Downsides of Maven
Without a doubt, Maven is an incredible service that has proved to be convenient for all parties involved. However, any time that someone enters a vehicle, they run the risk of being involved in an auto accident. Maven is not an exception – all drivers run the risk of being involved in auto accidents, even Maven members. Undeniably, the risk of being involved in a Maven car accident is real. This could create many concerns. For instance, what happens when an accident occurs? Who is liable for the accident? Will Maven cover the costs of all injuries and damages? Will you be responsible? In fact, depending on the specific details of the car accident, you might find yourself filing a Maven car accident claim – either against the liable party, against Maven, or against both.
The Importance of Seeking Legal Assistance
The possibility of being involved in a Maven car accident is present. All Maven members should be aware of this possibility and should be prepared to take action in case of an accident. Because of that, all Maven members should be aware of the tools available to them – specifically, they should be aware that there are attorneys available to handle their Maven claims if they are involved in accidents and suffer harm. The personal injury lawyers at Downtown L.A. Law Group, for example, have many years of experience handling rental car accident claims and are prepared to fight for your right to recover the compensation that you deserve. If you were involved in a Maven accident and you are interested in learning more about your right to file a personal injury claim, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible. The car accident lawyers at Downtown L.A. Law Group will be available to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. Our firm offers both free consultations and free second opinions as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee, which ensures that you will never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees for any of our services. Because of our contingency structure, our clients will never be required to pay anything until their claims are successful. If you would like to discuss your claim with our experts, contact our law firm as soon as possible.