On Tuesday, January 30, 2018, a helicopter crashed into a Newport Beach home, leaving three people dead. A total of five people were involved in the helicopter crash—one adult bystander and four adults in the helicopter. Three of the victims died at the scene of the crash; the two other victims were taken to a local hospital and a local trauma center. There were no injuries to the inhabitants of the two homes affected.
The helicopter involved in the crash was being leased from Spitzer Helicopter Leasing; the helicopter was leased to Revolution Aviation—both a flight school and a touring company associated with John Wayne Airport. It is unclear whether the helicopter was being used for flight training or touring; however, the leasing company claimed that mechanical issues did not cause the accident, as the helicopter had just had the necessary maintenance.
– Helicopter Tour Accidents
According to witnesses, the helicopter appeared to be attempting a street-landing. After the helicopter’s propellers impacted the roof of a home, the helicopter crashed.
Unfortunately, helicopter crashes and small aircraft crashes are common occurrences—especially in areas near airports. If you or a loved one suffered injuries or loss of life, you might have grounds to file a lawsuit and receive compensation.
How Downtown LA Law Can Help You
If you or a loved one suffered injuries or loss of life as a result of a helicopter crash, Downtown LA Law could help you file a lawsuit. In the incident described above, there were deaths, injuries, and property damage. If you were affected in any way, our experienced attorneys can represent you and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
– Common Causes of Airplane Accidents
If you file a lawsuit, you might be eligible to recover various forms of compensation. You might be eligible to be compensated for all or some of the categories below:
- Medical expenses—this includes all medical costs associated with your injuries, such as emergency care, surgery, treatments, medications, and projected long-term care.
- Lost income—this includes the income you lost after suffering an injury that left you unable to work either temporarily or permanently.
- Pain and suffering—this includes the physical, mental, and emotional distress caused by the injuries such as long-term pain, depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress, for example.
- Loss of consortium—this is designed to compensate the family of victims if the quality of their relationship is affected by the injury; this type of compensation applies to both deaths and injuries.
- Property damage—this includes all damage to the victim’s property, such as homes and vehicles.
- Punitive damage—this compensation is reserved for cases in which the defendant intentionally and maliciously caused the victim’s injuries.
– Boeing 737 MAX 8 Crash Claims Over 100 Lives
As you can see, there are many types of compensation that you might be eligible to receive. You must immediately contact our attorneys—do not hesitate.
– Aviation Accident Lawyer | Airplane Crash Lawyers
Our law firm offers free consultations and free second opinions as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee. Injured victims can contact our law firm without ever worrying about paying any upfront fees for our legal services. You can speak to our attorneys and get all the information you need without paying any legal fees. If you file your lawsuit with our law firm, our contingency-based structure will ensure that you will not have to pay any legal fees until our skilled attorneys win your lawsuit. Do not hesitate to seek legal assistance; our attorneys are ready to help you.