TJX is recalling around 29,000 sets of their foldable wood and rope bistro chairs due to multiple reports of the wooden frames breaking when someone is sitting in the chair. There have been 8 reports of accidents so far, so please make sure to stop using these chairs immediately.
The recalled chairs, which are part of a 3 or 5 piece set, were sold at Marshalls, HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, Sierra, and Homesense stores nationwide, as well as store websites. They are part of a table and chair set that includes a small wooden table and wood frame chairs with rope seats and backs in a variety of colors, such as black, gray, pink, blue, green, and white. Some of the sets may have been sold under the brand names Nautica or House & Garden.
Consumers that own these items should contact the manufacturer right away for directions on how to safely dispose of the chairs and receive a full refund. However, you may be one of many people who suffered injuries from a defective TJX folding bistro chair. In that case, contact us immediately for advice and guidance from a defective product accident attorney.
Injuries Caused by a Collapsing Chair
Having a chair fall apart while you are sitting it in can lead to devastating injuries with life-long consequences. Here are just some of the health issues that you can suffer from if you fall out of a collapsing chair:
What to Do if there is an Accident
- Dislocated joints
- Hip fracture
- Broken tailbone
- Brain injury
- Deep cuts
- Infections and disfigurement from skin injuries
- Spinal cord or neck injury
- Nerve damage
- Chronic pain
Your right to compensation must be protected from the moment you are injured due to someone else’s negligence. That’s why we recommend the following steps if you were harmed by a recalled product:
Can I Join a Class Action Lawsuit against TJX?
- Take photos of your injuries it at all possible, along with the area of the accident, making sure to include images of the damaged product.
- Seek medical attention right away, as some injuries will get worse, even after a few days. Furthermore, you will need medical records to file a claim against the manufacturer.
- Save the broken chair as evidence, along with medical records, proof of lost time at work, and anything else that can support your right to monetary damages.
- Notify TJX that you’ve been injured, but do not accept anything they offer (refund, replacement chairs, etc.) as it can take away your right to sue the company.
- Ask for legal advice from a lawyer that can sue for accidents caused by manufacturer negligence.
Yes, you have the option of joining a lawsuit with others who were injured by one of these chairs breaking or collapsing. Class action claims and mass torts are efficient methods for obtaining compensation on behalf of many victims at the same time. But you are not required to participate in a class action case, and for some people, it’s better for them to file a lawsuit on their own. To determine the best course of action, please reach out to a product recall lawyer at our office.
Contact DTLA Law Group
The attorneys of DTLA are here for you day and night, so call us anytime if you would like to schedule a free consultation. If going forward with a lawsuit is right for you, we will take immediate action on your case and fight to bring you the highest possible settlement.
Our class action lawyers work free of charge under the Zero Fee Guarantee. All legal fees are factored into your compensation award, which means you pay nothing out of pocket towards our expenses. And if we don’t win your case, you owe us $0, since we don’t get paid unless you get paid.
Contact us today and learn about the legal options that are available to you if you were injured by a recalled TJX foldable wood and rope bistro chair.