Common Neck Injuries and Symptoms of Neck Injury and Chronic Neck Pain:
Common neck injuries due to traffic accidents include:
- Neck muscle strain
- Central Nervous system: Neck injuries leading to spinal cord and nerve damage
- Whiplash: causing dizziness, stiffness of the neck, weakness of the limbs and neck
- Neck Fractures: A break in the cervical bone
- Cervical Dislocation
- Spinal Cord Injury leading to Paraplegia
- Pain any place in the neck: this can be dull or sharp pain and can last or come in short intervals
- Limited movement of the Neck due to stiffness or pain
- Numbness of you limbs such as fingers or toes; this can be a sign of permanent spinal cord injury
- Spasm of the neck, upper back , and shoulders
- Swelling of the neck usually resulting from an injury
What to do if you have sustained a neck injury in an auto accident:Below are some steps to be taken if you have been involved in a auto accident. For more in depth information on what to do in an auto accident click here…..
- Make sure you and those around you are safe.
- If injured seek medical attention immediately.
- Do not attempt to talk with the other driver regarding fault or apologies.
- Contact the local police department and report the motor vehicle accident.
- Never argue with other drivers regarding fault.
- Don’t be shy: If possible take down the driver’s license number, license plate, registration and insurance information of the other party.
- Contact an Attorney before you speak to any insurance agents – A top California Bicycle lawyer adept in fighting insurance companies and protecting your right to compensation will be able to substantially increase the amount of compensation you receive for your damages and injuries.
- Heal you wounds and get better; fighting insurance companies and defendants is OUR JOB. We will make you receive the maximum compensation for your loss.