Tech Gear 5.7 Recalls Battery-Powered Heated Socks
Learn more about your legal options: call (855) 339-8879 to speak with a representative now.According to the recall, a few consumers have been affected. There have been at least four confirmed reports of the batteries malfunctioning (overheating, melting, or igniting). This has resulted in property damage, albeit minor, in at least two separate instances. The issued recall encourages all consumers with the affected products to stop using the recalled socks. The recall compels consumers to remove the battery from the socks and contact the company for more information about receiving either a free replacement or a full refund. Without a doubt, anyone who owns the recalled socks should stop using the product. If you were unaffected by the defected product, it would be wise to contact the company for a replacement or refund – as recommended. However, if you were directly affected by the defective product (the defective product caused a fire or caused you to suffer burns), you should not contact the company for a replacement or refund. On the contrary, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Were you affected by a defective product? Did your Tech Gear 5.7 heated socks malfunction? If the defective socks resulted in a fire that damaged your property or led to burn injuries, it is important that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss your current situation with experts on defective product and product liability cases, do not hesitate to contact Downtown L.A. Law Group as soon as possible. Downtown L.A. Law Group is a personal injury law firm with many years of experience handling a number of claims, including product liability claims. If you were affected by a defective product, you must contact our law firm and allow our experts to hold the liable parties accountable for the harm that you suffered. If you are ready to discuss your current situation with our defective product lawyers, contact our law firm today.
Understanding the Severity of the HazardAccording to the recall, the battery could overheat, melt, or ignite. This only occurs when the battery is charged with any charger that did not come with the product. Although it seems like the hazard could be easily avoided as long as the consumer continues to use the original charger that came with the product, avoiding the hazard can easily prove to be impossible. We live in a society where chargers come and go. We are surrounded by a number of products that need constant charging – cell phones, tablets, computers, video game consoles, and now even socks. This results in an excess of chargers. In general, we try to keep up with the original charging cable for each product that we own; however, this can quickly become a nuisance if many of our products charge with the same cable – it is simply easier to use the same charger for multiple items. Doing this is even more common after misplacing a charger and having to find/use a replacement.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.According to the recall, when the battery is charged with any cable that is not the original charging cable that came with the heated socks, the battery could overheat, melt, and even ignite. This could severely affect consumers – especially considering that the defective battery could result in burns even if there is no fire. The defective batteries could ignite and start a fire, posing a threat to burn injuries ranging in degrees and considerable property damage. Although every situation is different, the defective battery in the socks could lead to expensive medical bills and property repair/replacement costs. What can you do after being harmed by the defective product negligently released by a company? What should you do? What are your rights?
Understanding Tech Gear 5.7’s Liability for Defective ProductsTo understand what you could do after being affected by a defective product, you must have a thorough understanding of liability for defective products. All companies have a specific duty of care to their consumers. Their duty of care revolves around having to ensure that their products are free of hazards that could potentially harm consumers. Within this duty of care, there is the duty to inspect and test products multiple times before releasing them to the public. When a company, such as Tech Gear 5.7, releases a defective product and makes it available for purchase, the company could be held liable for any and all of the harm suffered as a direct result of the defective product. Did you suffer any harm directly due to the defective heating socks? If you and your family were affected in any way due to a defective product, you might have grounds to take action against the company. For more information, seek legal assistance with the product liability attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group as soon as possible.
Do You Have the Right to Sue?Could you file a defective lawsuit against Tech Gear 5.7 for the harm that you suffered due to their defective products? To have grounds to file a product liability claim against a company, any one of the following defects must be present: a defect in product labeling; a defect in product manufacturing; a defect in product design. Although the recall issued for the defective socks does not clarify what type of defect was present in the product (in terms of labeling, manufacturing, or design), it is likely that at least one of these defects is present; therefore, you will likely have grounds to pursue a claim against the liable party. If you would like to learn more about your right to sue after being harmed by a defective product in any way, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at Downtown L.A. Law Group as soon as possible.
The Possibility of Recovering CompensationIf you were harmed by a defective product, could you recover compensation? If your product liability claim is successful, you will likely be eligible to receive some sort of compensation. Although there is no guarantee of the type and amount of compensation that you might be eligible to receive, consider the following:
- Medical expenses – compensation for all the medical bills resulting from the injuries that you suffered due to the defective product.
- Lost wages – compensation for all the income that you lost and will continue to lose because of the harm that you suffered due to the defective product.
- Pain and suffering – compensation for the mental and emotional distress resulting from the harm that you suffered.
- Funeral and burial costs – compensation for the costs associated with death services (in the case that the defective product causes fatal injuries).
- Loss of consortium – compensation awarded to the victim’s family for the loss of the ability to have a normal relationship with the victim (whether the victim suffered moderate/severe injuries or fatal injuries).
- Punitive damages – compensation awarded as a form of punishment towards the defendant.
Understanding What You Should DoThere is a general process that all parties who are interested in pursuing an injury claim should be familiar with. Product liability claims, however, usually fall out of this general process because specific actions could result in losing the right to sue. Consider the following list of what you should do after being harmed by a defective product:
- Seek medical attention for the injuries that you suffered
- Take pictures of the injuries that you suffered
- Take pictures of the property damage resulting from the defective product
- Contact the company to report the harm that you suffered due to their product
- Stop using the defective product immediately
- Keep the defective product in a safe place
- Do not tamper with the defective product in any way (do not attempt to repair the defective product yourself)
- Do not send the defective product back to the company (do not agree to refunds, replacements, or free repairs as this will destroy your main piece of evidence)
- Take pictures of the defective product
- Gather all records related to your purchase of the defective product
- Gather all records associated to the harm that was directly caused by the defective product (such as medical bills and property damage bills)
- Seek legal assistance to take action against the liable party
Seek Legal Assistance from the Product Liability Attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group TodayThe product liability attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group are ready to provide you with the guidance that you need to take action against the parties liable for the harm that you suffered. Downtown L.A. Law Group is a personal injury law firm with many years of experience handling a number of claims, such as defective product claims. Our product liability lawyers are ready to provide you with all the information that you need to take action against the party liable for your injuries. If you were harmed by the defective heating socks mentioned above or any other defective products, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. When you contact our law firm, you will find that our experts will provide you with all the information that you need. Our firm offers free consultations and free second opinions, which allow all victims affected by defective products to have access to our legal services. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our lawyers will be available to answer all your questions, address all your concerns, and provide you with all the information that you need to file a defective product claim. Our free legal services are available due to a Zero-Fee guarantee, ensuring that you will never have to pay upfront fees. Our law firm is also strictly based on contingency; therefore, you will not be required to pay anything until after your claim reaches a successful outcome. If you are ready to discuss your claim with our product liability experts, contact our law firm today.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Recall Lawsuits
– Recall Lawsuits
– Product Liability/Defective Products
– 2011 Subaru Outback Recall Notice
– Saturn Aura Lawsuit
– GM Cobalt Ignition Switch Defect Lawsuit
– Porsche GT Recall Lawsuit
– Ford Airbag Class Action Lawsuit
– Fuel Hose Recall Lawsuit
– Cane Creek Bicycle Shock Recall
– Takata Airbag Class Action Lawsuit
– Zip Line Defect Prompts Recall
– Toyota FJ Cruiser Recall
– Chevy Cobalt Air Bag Failure Lawsuit
– All Terrain Vehicle Injuries
– Off-Highway Vehicles Crash Hazard
– TerraTrike Recalls
– Polaris Ranger Recall
– Bair Hugger Blankets Recall
– Failure to Deploy Airbag in Defective Car
– Seat Back Failures in Vehicles
– Defective Child Safety Seats
– Bicycle Defects Cause Serious Injuries
– Jet Ski Defect Attorney
– Fireplace Recall
– Recall for Home Elevators
– Trampoline Recall
– Trampoline Recalled Due to Fall and Injury Risk
– Ross Folding Lounge Chair Recall
– Coby Flat Screen TV Recall
– Rocky Brand Steel-Toe Shoes Recall
– Xtreme Climbing Sticks Recalls
– Fisher-Price Recalls Baby Sleepers
– Dorel Juvenile Group Recalls Baby Sleepers
– Recall of Dick’s Sporting Goods’
– Bed Handle Recall Injury Lawsuit
– Kids II Recalls Rocking Sleepers
– Restoration Hardware Recalls
– Blackhawk Firearm Holsters Recall
Free Case Review 24/7