A Lyft driver was arrested after he allegedly fell asleep at the wheel and crashing; the incident resulted in the death of a Lyft passenger, according to Tustin police.
The incident occurred on April 4th, 2021, at approximately 7am near Jamboree Road and Patriot Way. It was a one-vehicle collision. According to reports, the Lyft driver, Andy Van Pham (30), was driving when he fell asleep and crashed into a light pole. The passenger in the vehicle, unfortunately, suffered traumatic injuries that were ultimately fatal.
The police later determined that the driver was “driving with negligence,” and an arrest warrant was issued. He was arrested and booked into the Orange County Jail.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time and will not be the last time that the negligent actions of a rideshare driver led to the death of an innocent passenger. Although family of the victim could pursue a criminal case against the negligent driver, that is not the only option. Surviving family members could also pursue a civil case.
Without a doubt, the family of victims could pursue a civil lawsuit against the negligent driver and their insurance company. The claim would be filed based on the fact that all drivers on the road owe all others on the road (including their passengers) a duty of care; driving negligently and contributing to incidents could make them liable. However, if the incident occurred during an active ride, the rideshare company could face liability as well. In fact, Lyft and other rideshare companies offer an insurance policy that cover passengers in case of accidents. Therefore, affected parties have the right to file an injury claim with Lyft’s insurance policy. In addition, Lyft could even be liable for failing to ensure that the driver met and followed their safety standards, for instance.
Whatever the angle, it is important that you know that you could have the right to sue for the fatal Lyft accident that affected your family. If you are interested in learning more about your right to take legal action after a fatal rideshare accident, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our law firm as soon as possible.
At Downtown L.A. Law Group, our lawyers have many years of experience handling all sorts of injury claims, including rideshare accident claims. Our lawyers are not afraid to deal with the rideshare company and fight for your right to recover the highest amount of compensation available for your claim. For more information about your right to sue Lyft after a fatal rideshare accident caused by the negligence of the driver, do not hestiate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our firm today.
Our rideshare accident lawsuit attorneys are more than ready to fight for your rights after your accident. Our experts will fight for your right to recover a fair amount of compensation which could include compensation for some of the following: medical expenses; lost income; pain and suffering; funeral and burial costs; loss of consortium; property damage; punitive damages, and legal fees. You can trust that our lawyers will help you recover the highest settlement possible.
At our firm, we offer free legal services (including free consultations and free second opinions). We offer a Zero-Fee guarantee, meaning that our clients will not be required to pay upfront legal fees. In addition, our firm works on a contingency structure; therefore, our clients will not have to worry about paying legal fees until after winning their claims.
Contact us today to explore your legal options.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Any Volume Bicycle Helmet Recall
Arctic Cat Highway vehicles Recall
Gas Gold Transport Carts Recall
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney