Individuals who have suffered harm due to the use of a dangerous products including the blood thinner medication Xarelto are entitled to compensation for from all at fault parties. However claims against defendants must be filed within a timely manner. Failure to file a claim before the deadline established by the statute of limitations will result in the elimination of an individual’s right to any time of legal remedy.
Are there Any Exception to Statute of Limitations – Tolling of a StatuteIn certain limited circumstances courts have granted a tolling of the statute of limitations pertaining to their cases. Some specific instances where the statute of limitations may be granted are provide below.
- Physical incapacitation of the victim.
- Psychological incapacitation of the victim.
- The individual was a minor – in most jurisdictions the timing deadline is tolled until some specified time after their 18th birthday.
- The injury did not manifest itself until sometime after the harm has already taken place.
- The victim did not know or could not have known that the injuries suffered were as a result of a defective medication of medical product.