The following information is on Yaz lawsuits concerning an increase in the rate of heart conditions including heart attacks amongst takers of the prescription birth control medication produced by.
Yaz contains the hormone drospirenone which is designed to prevent ovulation in fertile women. The prescription medication YAZ has been linked to an increase rate of heart attacks amongst users. YAZ has established itself as one of the most popular forms of contraception in the United States, control some 20% of the birth control market. Over that past few year numerous woman have alleged serious medical issues including heart attacks caused by the taking of YAZ.
If you have suffered a myocardial infarction due to the taking of YAZ please read our helpful YAZ heart attack claim
legal guide below. If you have any further questions regarding recovery for your injuries due to YAZ contact our attorneys.
How doe YAZ cause Heart Attacks
Yaz contains the hormone drospirenone, known to raise potassium levels in many women. Numerous studies have shown a direct link between raised potassium levels in the body and heart attacks as well as other heart related medical complications including, blood clots, strokes, deep vein thrombosis and heart arrhythmia.
An increased rate of potassium in the body (also referred to as hyperkalemia) can pose a serious threat of cardiac arrest and myocardial infarction. Increased potassium affects the electrical rhythm of the heart producing drastic shifts in the EKG (electrical readings) and in severe cases repressing electrical activity all together leading to heart failure.
In responses Food and Drug Administration issues a warning in 2008 to YAZ manufactures in clouding Bayer to place proper warning in their commercials for YAZ addressing the increased potential of health risks associated with the birth control medication including increase levels of potassium which can result in heart attacks. Other health risk associated with increase potassium levels (hyperkalemia) can include
Common sings symptoms of a heart attack due to YAZ
- Irregular heart beat – including slow heartbeat or weak pulse
- Cardiac arrest – Heart stops functioning
- Changes in muscle control
- Temporary muscle Paralysis and general fatigue
- Chronic kidney failure
A heart attack (myocardial infarction) is a serious medical condition requiring immediate medical attention. If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with a heart attack contact an emergency medical response unit as soon as possible. Symptoms of a heart attack can be numerous and often differ greatly based on the severity of the myocardial infarction and the general characteristic of the individual victim. Some common symptoms of a heart attack are as follows:
- Chest pain felt like a tight band around the waist
- Feeling of a bad ingestion
- Heavy pressure on the chest
- Excessive sweating without physical exercise
- Braking out in a cold sweat
- Light headedness
- General feeling of nausea including vomiting
- Shortness of breath
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms immediately seek medical attention.
How to win a YAZ Heart attack injury Claim: Defect Drug Lawsuits
Pharmaceutical Drug Defect lawsuits
for heart attacks due to YAZ has witnesses a dramatic rise over the past few years due to new evidence concerning the increase in the rate of heart attacks and stroke amongst women taking birth control medication containing the hormone drospirenone. It is important to note that Litigation against major drug manufacturers for injuries cause by their prescription drugs can be a difficult and challenging process. Generally, a plaintiff’s attorney representing victims of drug injuries can prove the existence of a dangerous by showing one of three defects.
Recovery for YAZ heart attack victims
- Pharmaceutical Drug Design Defect: Generally proven by showing of a failure to conduct proper testing of a drug before its distribution to the general public. Or by showing that drug manufactures knew or should have known of the dangerous side effects of the drug before its distribution to the general public.
- Pharmaceutical Drug Manufacturing Defect: Generally proven by showing that the final manufactures drug is markedly different and as a result more dangerous the intended design of the drug.
- Labeling Defect: Also referred to as failure to warn defect. Usually this claim can be established in the court of law by showing drug manufacturers refusal to adequately warn users of the drug of the known dangers posed by the taking of the defective drug.
If you have suffered a heart attack or any other medical complication due to the taking of YAZ you may be entitled to recovery for all your damages. The monetary value of compensation in a YAZ lawsuit will differ based on the nature and severity of your injuries and as well as other associated factors. A brief overview of those factors are as follows
- The medical costs including hospitalizations and emergency room costs associated with your heart attack
- Future medical and rehabilitation costs including prescription drug medication costs
- Loss of income due to inability to work
- Loss of earning capacity due to inability to perform the same tasks
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional trauma from your heart attack including emotional trauma, depression and post traumatic stress