The Japanese auto manufacturer Nissan Motor Co.
has announced an expansion it’s recalled vehicles due to the Faulty airbags manufactures by Takada auto parts company which is also headquartered in Japan. Nissan is one of close to a dozen auto manufacturers that have been forced to recall millions of their vehicles due to the faulty airbags. According to U.S. investigators from the NHTSA the faulty aribags can exploded upon a minor impact or in some instances no impact whatsoever resulting the the expulsion of sharp metal shards into the passenger compartment of the vehicles. So far there have been more than 30 instances of deaths reported with hundreds of injuries.
Specific Nissan and Infiniti, the luxury auto company owned and operated by Nissan, which have been recalled
include the following…
- 2003-2005 Infiniti FX35
- 2003-2005 Infiniti FX45
- 2003-2004 Infiniti I35,
- 2006 Infiniti M35 and M45
- 2003-2004 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2004-2006 Nissan Sentra
Who Can Be Held Liable
According to product liability laws in the United States all entities which were involved in the chain of distribution of the defective product can be held liable for any injuries which take place. This can include the manufacturer of the airbag, the auto manufacturers, the importer of the vehicle, the wholesaler of the vehicle and the dealership where the defective automobile was sold.
Compensation Available for Victims
Individuals who have suffered serious injuries due to an exploding Takata air bag can seek recovery for all damages suffered. A detailed list of damages compensable in personal injury civil cases include the following..
Recovery for Relatives of the Deceased
- All current medical and health related expenses.
- All future medical and rehabilitations costs.
- Economic damages: Loss of Income, loss of future earning potential, property damages.
- Non-Economic damages: Pain and suffering otherwise known as emotional distress.
- Punitive damages – in certain cases courts have granted the imposition of punitive damages when the manufacturer of a defective product acted with either the intent to cause harm or acted in reckless disregard for the life and health of consumers.
: In most jurisdictions in the United States certain relatives of the deceased have the right to seek compensation from all liable parties via the filing of a wrongful death lawsuit.
Attorney Consultation Available
: If you or loved one have suffered injuries due to a defective airbag in a Nissan Vehicle and want to learn more about your legal rights feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations regarding your case are provided by our legal team free of charge.
Takata Airbag Installed Vehicles Recalled