Teen drivers are at great risk of harm to themselves, their occupants, other drivers and pedestrians on the road. According to the CDC teens are more likely than adult drivers to underestimate dangerous situation on the road, drive at high speeds on wet roads, tailgate cars in front on them, drink and drive, drive while distracted by fellow occupants, and use their mobile phones while driving. If you have been injured by a teenage driver in an auto accident contact our personal injury hotline to schedule a free consultation with our Auto Accident Attorneys. New Medical research may help explain why teenage drivers pose a high risk on our roads. According to new research from the National Institute of Health, the part of the brain which weighs risk and controls impulsive behavior isn’t fully developed until the age of 25. Accordingly, some state legislatures in Sacramento have sought to pass bills which would increase the driving age requirement of new licensees from 16 to a higher age.
Compensation for injuries in auto accidents involving teenage drivers
If you are a victim of vehicle collision involving with a reckless teenage driver you may be entitled to compensation for the following.
- Medical Expenses: including hospital bills, emergency room costs, doctor visits and appointments.
- Future Medical Expenses: including treatment and recuperation costs, physical therapy costs, and future medication costs.
- Current and future Lost Wages: Including loss of earning capacity, current income lost due to inability to work.
- Pain and Suffering: including mental distress, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), loss of consortium
- Property damage: Including you vehicle, and other goods destroyed or damaged in the accident.
- Punitive Damages: Chiefly against insurance providers for failure to pay for your damages:
Compensation for Injured Passengers involved in teen related accidents
After a serious automobile accident, injured passengers can face even more difficulty in seeking fair compensation from insurance companies then the drivers involved. Many passengers believe they have to right to compensation if the driver of the car they were riding in was the negligent party. NOT TRUE. Passengers in cars driven by teenagers are often faced with a different set of rights. For example an injured passenger may have a claim against the driver of the other vehicle and the driver of the vehicle he was an in at the time of the accident.
WHY CHOOSE US: Downtown LA Law Group for a Free Consultation
We understand that a serious injury or a death of a family member is tragedy for all loved ones. We offer our skilled Los Angles Auto Injury Lawyers to represent you in your case. We possess the knowledge and determination to maximize the compensation for your injuries you deserve. If you have been injured is a Los Angeles Automobile accident or any other Traffic related accident involving a teenage contact our collision hotline (888) 649-7166; a lawyer will provide you with a free consultation regarding your matter.