resulting in serious injuries are a growing concern amongst the elderly and disabled. The goal of every society should be to care for those who are less fortunate; at the Downtown LA LAw Firm we lice by that philosophy. You are entitled to compensation for your injuries if you have suffered injuries due to a defective electric wheelchair. Our Attorney have the expertise and dedication to fight for your right to recovery for your injuries. If your have been hurt in a wheelchair accident contact us today for a free no cost evaluation of your claim. (888) 649-7166
Common injuries due to defective wheelchair accidents are as follows:
Types of Powered Electric Wheelchairs leading to injuries:
- Burn Injuries to defective wheelchair fires
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Severe Traumatic Brain Injury
- Other Head Injuries
- Dislocated Shoulder
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Internal Bleeding
The majority of powered wheelchairs fall into two main categories. The traditional style
: An basic wheelchair adapted by manufacturers for motorized use. And the Platform style
, which incorporates a seating system placed atop a mechanized device. Other sub types of wheelchair design and construction are as follows:
Powered Wheelchairs Designed for Children
: Often, because of their smaller size children are not able to use wheelchairs designed for older adults. As a result many manufacturers have developed specific designed to suite the size and configuration of smaller body types.
Lightweight Powered Wheelchairs
: Such devices are made with lighter construction material including aluminum and titanium. These vehicles are easier to carry and disassemble if need be. However such wheelchairs can be prone to defects and damage leading to serious injuries.
Other Popular Wheel Chairs Include
- Elevated Wheelchairs
- Standing Wheelchairs
- Stair Climbing Wheelchairs
- All Terrain Wheel Chairs
- Beach Wheelchairs
- Reclining Wheelchair
- Tilt in Space Wheelchairs
- Heavy Duty Power Wheelchairs
- Rear-wheel Drive Power Wheelchairs
Determining Wheelchair manufacture Liability – Who i Liable for My Injury Claim
According to Product liability Law any entity with the chain of distribution and manufacturing of a defective product may be held liable for injuries sustained to a victim.
Such products released in the market would most likely produce general negative public opinion, and the manufacturers could be labeled as frauds. But more than just a product that deviated away from its marketed purpose, there is also the problem of actual harm caused by defective products. This harm can be caused by the actual product itself, or can be the result of faulty manufacturing. Thus defective products can either be an item that is:
- inherently harmful by itself
- or made harmful due to production mishaps
Negligence is always the main cause attributed to almost all defective products, and it is of course always aimed at the manufacturers. It is after all, the duty of the distributor to make sure that the products that they are selling won’t have any severe adverse affects, and it is their responsibility to warn people of any mild drawbacks.
What compensation can I receive for injuries caused by a defective electric wheelchair
California Injured Personal Attorneys representing Victims of wheelchair accident and powered wheelchair defects
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses include all medical bills and costs, including those incurred in the emergency room, hospital visits, doctor visits, MRI testing facility, radiologists, chiropractors, dentists, or any other treating professional that was necessitated as a result of your injury.
- Future Medical Expenses: Unfortunately, the effects an accident can often be felt for months, years, or even a lifetime after the injury occurred. We will work with doctors and other medical specialist to establish the full amount of any future medical expenses to make sure you are adequately compensated for these damages.
- Lost Wages: After an accident, you are entitled to any income you lost. Even if you were unemployed before the accident a Personal Injury Lawyer may be able to procure lost wages damages by demonstrating what you could have earned but for your herniated disc injury.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: In addition to current lost wages, victims of car accidents are eligible to receive compensation for future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim of herniated disc injury can further be compensated for mental suffering that could include fright, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief or feelings of distress.
It is important for your attorney understands the extent of your injuries employs the proper experts to determine whether a design or manufacturing defect was a contributing cause of your injuries.
Downtown LA Law Group
: We are a full service plaintiff’s law firm. We are compassionate litigators fighting for the rights of our clients. Our product liability attorneys
van help with your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation or a second opinion.
: It is crucial to act quickly before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys regarding your claim: (888) 649-7166
List of Wheelchair Manufacturers:
21st Century Scientific
Amigo Mobility International
Balder USA, Inc.
Bromc Assitive Technology
Drive Medical Design and Manufacturing
Falcon Rehabilitation Products
Frank Mobility Systems Inc.
Gowrings Mobility Ltd.
Graham-Field Health Products
Guardian Aspire Power Wheelchair
Independence Technology, L.L.C.
Innovation in Motion
LEVO USA, Inc
Merits Powerbase Wheelchair
Pride Mobility USA
Redman Power Chair
RJ Mobility Ltd
Shoprider Healthcare, Inc.