Our law firm is currently investigating possible class action lawsuits against several pharmaceutical drug manufacturers for the sale and distribution of medications known to result in Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS). Below is important information for victims and family members of victims who have suffered SJS from the taking of over the counter (OTC) and prescription drug medications. If you have any further legal questions regarding the filing of a class action claim or single party lawsuit feel free to contact our law firm toll free (855)385-2529. Note: All consultations are free of charge for all initial clients and confidential. Drugs that are a leading cause of Stevens Johnsons Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN): Some of the most common pharmaceutical medication resultign in SJS or TEN include…
- Children’s Motrin
- Other medications containing Ibuprofen including Children’s Advil, Motrin
- Non steroidal anti inflammatory medications (NSAIDS)
- Aleve (naproxen)
- Flouroquinolones – antibiotic medications including Levaquin, Topomax
- Anticonvulsant medication including carbamazapine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, Valproic, Lamotrigine
What is a Class Action LawsuitA class action lawsuit is a claim brought forth by numerous plaintiffs against one defendant. In class action lawsuit a single member of the class is chosen as the head of the class and is given the duty of representing all claim. Class action lawsuits require certification by the court they are to be tried in. Certification of a class action lawsuits requires the presence of several elements. 1. Numerosity: There is a significant number of plaintiffs (victims) so as to make single party claims impracticable. 2. Commonality: All members have a similar issue of fact of law against the defendant. 3. Typicality: The claim of the class representatives claims are nearly identical with the claims of oother class members. 4. Adequacy of Representation: The class representative has the resources and legal representation to protect the rights of all class members.
Should I Join A Class Action Lawsuit or File a Single Party ClaimDeciding whether to join a class action lawsuit or seek out a single party claim can be a difficult for many. Class action lawsuits provide for an equal distribution of any settlement or jury award for all members involved. Even if your injuries are significantly greater than other members you will still receive an equal allotment of the awarded amount. In single party lawsuits individuals have greater flexibility in their legal options. The can be the chief deciding force in determining whether to accept an offer or reject an offer. Compensation Available for Victim of SJS and TEN: Victims of severe allergic reactions including Stevens Johnson Syndrome are entitled to compensation for all their injuries and losses including…
- All medical and health related costs
- Cost of future medical and rehabilitation care
- Pain and suffering associated the development of SJS
- Los wages and loss of future earnings capacity due to inability to work
- Punitive damages – punitive damages are awarded where a defendant displays an intent or wanton disregard for the life and health of consumers. Often time manufacturers of pharmaceutical medication fail to warn users of dangers associated with the use of their medication.