According to recent information released by the FDA the use of certain IVC filters
can result in severe adverse health effects. Common complications of IVC filters include
- Migration of the device
- Tilting of the IVC filter
- Blood clots and deep vein thrombosis resulting in strokes and Pulmonary Embolism
- Perforation of the arteries and vital organs near the implantation
Our law firm if currently investigating the viability of class action and single party claims against the manufacturers and distributors of the defective post surgical medical implants.
Legal Consultations Provided Free of Charge
: Our defective medical device attorneys provide free and confidential legal consultations for individuals who have suffered severe harm due to the IVC filter post surgical implantation. To speak to an attorney cal (888) 649-7166
What is a Class Action Lawsuit:
Class action lawsuits are instituted by the judicial system when there are a large number of injured parties with an identical or nearly identical cause of action against a single at fault liable party. In a class action lawsuit one plaintiff is chosen as the class head charged with representing the claims of all other injured parties in the court of law. Before a class action claim can commence courts have to establish its viability via a certification process. There are several elements which need to be proven in order to certify a class action lawsuit in the court of law.
1. Presence of a large number of injures victims.
2. Victims have an identical or nearly identical claim against the defendants.
3. The claim and injuries of the class representative is typical of the non class head members.
4. The class representative has the legal representation and resources necessary to adequate represent the claims of the other class members.
Wining Your Case if the Court of Law – Product Liability Lawsuit Information
: Defective medical device claims are based on a product liability cause of action. Generally there are three ways to prove a product liability case in the court of law…
1. Defect as a result in issues in research and design of the product.
2. Defect in the manufacturing process of the medical device.
3. Labeling Defect – failure to properly warn or all known or knowable dangers of the defective medical implant.
Average Case Settlement for IVC Filter Injury Cases
: The average IVC migration injury case settlement is determined by numerous factors unique to every individual victim. Some of the most common factors which play a significant role in determining the value of your case are as follows…
- The level of the harm suffered
- Pain and suffering
- Requirement for future medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of wages due to inability to work
- Availability for punitive damages
: If you or a loved one suffered severe medical complications due to the use of the IVC implantation and have any legal questions feel free to contact our law offices toll free legal case review. (888) 649-7166