Why did the large metal bar fall off the big rig?The incident has left everyone who is aware of the story with many questions:
- Why did the large metal bar fall off the big rig?
- Did the truck driver fail to secure the metal bar with the rest of the cargo?
- Did the restraints that the truck driver used (if any) fail to keep the metal bar on the big rig?
- Was the truck driver properly trained to handle whatever material was being transported?
- Who placed the metal bar on the big rig without ensuring that it was properly restrained?
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.
The Right to Sue and Recover CompensationIncidents like the one described above do not just happen without a clear reason. There is certain protocol that must be followed to ensure that all items carried by big rigs are secured during travel. The fact that the metal bar fell off the big rig is representative of negligence on some level (possibly on many levels). Because the incident can be attributed to negligence, the victim could pursue a claim and even recover compensation. It is important to note that in similar incidents in which the outcome is fatal, surviving family members could also have the right to sue and receive compensation. Depending on the specific details surrounding the claim, claimants might be eligible to recover compensation for some of the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.